Sunday, July 6, 2014

DIY Banners and Buntings


I have fallen in love with banners and buntings.  I especially love the ones made out of vintage hankies.   I can't sew, so I need to do some digging around to find some DIY ways to make "no-sew" versions.

I LOVE vintage letter cards.  Last year, while thrifting, I
was so excited to find an entire, barely used, vintage Probe game with all the letter cards! 


I enjoy coming up with words to fit the seasons.
I'm loving the warm weather and the lazy days of summer that we are finally having here at the Jersey Shore. 

Linking up with Pieced Pastimes today.

Have a great week!
~Roselle

6 comments:

White Lace and Promises said...

What a cute idea. I don't sew either. I saw some burlap flags already made cut and ready to use at Hobby Lobby. Gotta get busy.

Rosemary and Thyme said...

I love the idea. Very cute and it looks very easy to make. Thabnk you for sharing.

Debbie said...

What a fantastic idea! I'm going to try this! Thank you for sharing.
Enjoy your week!
Debbie
xo

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

I love these cards! I'm a huge fan of banners too! You have a lovely blog! I followed you back. Nice to connect with like- minded fellow bloggers. Have a great weekend!
Sherry
xoxo

chateau chic said...

I love your cute banner made with your vintage cards.
Thanks so much for visiting.
Mary Alice

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Roselle, So nice to see you today and thank you for stopping by and your sweet comment.

I love your banners and the idea for seasonal words is inspiring.
Have you seen chalk board banners? They are shaped like flags and come in a set of 12 with hanging string at Hobby Lobby.

About the chalk paint. Yes, I found a few at Michel's and Home Depot is supposed to carry them eventually too.
You can also go to www.ArtistsClub.com
They are on sale right now for 6.38 in an 8oz. jar. They make waxes and varnishes too.
Have fun.
Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails