Sunday, January 5, 2014

Farmhouse Style


This is my year of change.  

Lots of changes....

In my life, my faith, my home, my shop.

Gone is the fussy, flowery, "lots of pink" shabbiness that I've loved for years.

Changing over to palette of fresh whites.

In my home.

In my shop.

Dreaming of creating with more whites.  

Finding treasures to re-purpose and give new life to.

It's softer, peaceful and calmer.

I find it to be everywhere too lately.  On my thrift hunts, it catches my eye.

  Changing my collections.  Ironstone, Silver, Prairie style, Farmhouse Style.

Joining up today with:
The Dedicated House's Make It Pretty Monday
Knick of Time Vintage Inspiration Tuesday
Timewashed's Blissful Whites Wednesday
French Country Cottage Feathered Nest Friday

8 comments:

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

I love white and I really enjoyed my riot of pink once I realized I *could* even though I wasn't a little girl anymore but now I'm all about multi colors!

I'm needing happy, noisy and colorful to keep me awake!

I think it would be fun to have a large house with lots of rooms and decorate them all differently. but of course someone else would clean them. :)

Amy Walton said...

Beautiful post Roselle! We are so on the same page. Your photos are lovely and I look forward to seeing your shoppe changes! When I look back on all of my pink, cluttered stuff, I feel sick lol!!! Waaayyy to much!!
Big hugs,
Amy

Shabby soul said...

White... Since I discovered it I can choose another color. And simplicity is so peaceful too. Love praire and farmhouse style too!
Have a beautiful new year
Silvia

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Change is a good thing and it sounds like you are tackling a few! It's great to change a palette it makes your home look all brand new again! Thanks for stopping by and liking my Winter Wonderland Vignette, it was nice have a neighborly visit!

Lori Lehman said...

Love your pretty blog! Just signed up as a new follower. Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I appreciate it! Have a great day, Lori

Alison Agnew said...

i love the purity and freshness
of white and i'm sure
your home and shop will look
absolutely lovely!

Fridays Unfolded is back
and i would love for you
to stop by and join in!

Alison
Nancherrow (formerly Stuff and Nonsense)

Rosemary and Thyme said...

Gorgeous post. It is a great time of year to search ones soul and refresh our homes change those things that we see and touch everyday. White is perfect and beautiful and so is the shabby chic style. I love to be surrounded by pretty things such as flowers and vintage items. They make my soul happy. Good luck with your decor. I hope you can stop by for a visit.

White Lace and Promises said...

White always makes me feel a peace and calm. Pink is another favorite, but not with a lot of foo-foo! Just simply pretties.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails