Saturday, December 14, 2013

Simple Beauty

I love vintage ornaments.
I love Shiny Brite ornaments
I love displaying them around the home on plates, under cloches and in candy dishes.

I love the colors on these.  The candy reds that aren't quite red anymore.  The blue and blue/green stripes.  The indents.  
Swoon!

Years ago, I "met" a group of women on a Parenting Board.  About 15 years, to be exact.
We've never met in real life, and I've never actually heard any of their voices.
One of them, Kim, found this box of heirloom ornaments and was kind enough to think of me and send them to me.  
In the TRUE spirit of giving, she thought of me.  It warms my heart.

I hope you are able to slow down, be intentional and enjoy the true reason and beauty for this season.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Roselle

To see where I party, clink the link above and check out these great parties too:

I am joining up with:

Common Ground's Be Inspired

Anything Blue Friday at The Dedicated House

and



6 comments:

Kim Davis said...

Precious! Love knowing my mom & grandmother's ornaments will be cherished for years to come!

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Oh happy you! ♥

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Roselle, your vintage ornaments are gorgeous. I love the colors and have some very similar from the 1945 that were my parents. Your blog is gorgeous.
So nice to see you and thank you for stopping by and your kind comment. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas.
Hugs

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I never thought to decorate with ornaments other than on the tree...I have some similar ones that I am going to put out in a bowl! Love your blog...following you!

Bella said...

Hi Roselle,
That is lovely! It is the small things, the random things that just make your day (mine anyway :-) and I completely agree vintage ornaments are yummy!
Hugs,
Bella

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Roselle, what a great story...Imagine 15 year online friends wow. My son calls them my "Invisible friends" lol...But we know how real and wonderful and generous they are..I love Shiny brites too!

Carol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails