Friday, November 22, 2013

Shabby White Holidays

It had been a long time since I got creative.  I suppose I really am a temperamental artist.  I can't seem to create when life is a tad overwhelming or we are too busy to breath sometimes.

I love repurposing old ice skates.  There are so many ways to make these over.  The great thing about them is, they don't have to get put away with all the other Christmas decorations.  They are adorable winter decor.
I like to use vintage jewels, ribbons and lace to bling them up.  

This was a fun piece to make too.  Just using a paper mache deer, I painted it white and again, used vintage milinary and laces for added bling.

I am ever Thankful for my blessings (too many to list).
I hope you have a wonderful week and if you celebrate Thanksgiving, enjoy your loved ones and remember those gone before.

~Roselle

(To see where I am linking up this week, click the "Places I Party" link above)

4 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Those skates are adorable! I found a pair at an estate sale, but they had some ridiculous price on them....I will keep looking. I know what you mean, I have to have everything right in my life to be able to create!

Carol

Bella said...

Hi Roselle,
I love old skates and I love your whimsical touches, the lacy cuffs and satin laces are darling :-)
Happy Thanksgiving!
Hugs,
Bella

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

Really pretty! :)

Jody and Stan said...

Roselle, Love the vintage skate with all the embellishments on it, so charming! Thank you so much for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays. Would love for you to stop again. New Follower.
Hugs,
Jody

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails