Monday, June 3, 2013

love

I collect these vintage letter cards.  I like making words out of them and using them around the house for decorating.  Sweet at Christmas spelling out "JOY" or "FAITH".

I hate to ruin the integrity of them by punching holes in them but they are sweet hanging on a ribbon to make a banner.  This sweet banner spells out LOVE and would be very lovely at a vintage style wedding.

This girl....my sweet Megan.  She will be 17 this week.  I know all Mothers say this but I just really can't believe how fast time has gone by.  I once read a quote about Motherhood..."the days are long but the years fly by".  I am having a little bit of a rough time adjusting to this sweet girl's growing and being away a lot of times.  This too shall pass I know, but I miss her so much sometimes.  We are very close and have spent most of our time together.  It's the natural order of things and I'm thrilled that I gave her wings to fly.  So I must put on my big girl panties and move along.

She went to her Junior Prom in May.  As promised, here's a pic:



2 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh, they are just adorable! She looks so much like you! What a fun time in her life, I loved when my son was in high school, The young energy, the friends and the excitement of growing into adult hood. Oh, and I love the idea of using the word cards for banners!

Carol

Ginger said...

I know how you feel exactly. Once they reach that age they are finding their own wings and naturally are not moms little girl any more. And we are left with just the memories and hope they will want to spend a little of their time with us. When my kids were leaving the nest a wise lady said something that made me think.......be happy that your children have the will and the health to find their own wings.
It's hard, but they will always love you!
Xoxo
Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails