Thursday, May 16, 2013

warming up

We have had a wretched so called "Spring" here at the Jersey Shore.  As a matter of fact, since the fall (and Superstorm Sandy), it's been nasty.  At the beginning of this week, I still had to warm the car up in the AM before taking my sweet daughter to school.

We have no plant beds cleaned out or fresh annuals planted in them.  The lawn looks good and green since we've had so much rain.

I love planting in pots.  I also don't tolerate the extreme wind so well.  My husband was a sweetie and filled a few pots for me.  This cute rusted bike gets filled every year with whatever catches my eye.  This year it's white on white for her.

Just a few lonely pots sitting on our porch steps.  Our storage space is filled with many more just waiting their turn to be filled.  More flowers my hubby planted.  He chose all the colors and types this year.

Supposedly, this weekend it's going to hit almost 80 (we go from 40 degrees at the beginning of the week to 80's LOL).  We have plans to clean out the beds and plant.  I am looking forward to hitting a nursery or two to find more pretties to plant.

This poor Bleeding Heart bush has only a few blooms this year.  I guess the cold (and for this long) was just too much for it.  It's one of my favorite bushes and it's a sad little thing this year.
Just wanted to share a photo of my babies.  Meg is almost 17 and will be going to her PROM this weekend.  My sweet Mallory just turned 12 and graduates 6th grade in a few weeks.  I am so blessed to have these precious dolls in my life.

Thanks for visiting.

Joining up today with Fishtail Cottage's Garden Party

Roselle

7 comments:

must love junk said...

Your pots look so pretty, and your daughters are beautiful! :)
Susan

Liz @ Sit With Me In My Garden said...

Your little white bike planter is adorable...it will look fabulous as the flowers fill out. Hopefully your bleeding heart will strengthen and show better next year. That's the way it goes with perennials! I just picked up some purple petunias that look a lot like yours! They almost glow!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Aren't your babies adorable!!! I hope you will show prom pictures..We love those. I hope you all have great weather this weekend for the prom and planting, you deserve it!! Love your tricycle planter...So cute!

Carol

Donna Heber said...

Hi Roselle,

Your little bicycle planter is adorable! I hope to fill mine this weekend with some plants. It has been kind of rainy and windy here in New York. I'm so happy you stopped by to visit me. I am your newest follower. Your daughters are beautiful!

Marlene said...

What a blessing to have not one but two beautiful daughters. Loving your bicycle planter, so cute.
xxx
Marlene

Rebecca Nelson said...

Two gorgeous girls my friend. How blessed you are.

Thank you for your FB comment...you bless me.

Now girly...you KNOW I'm loving that cycle/planter. SWOOOOON!

xoRebecca PS: LOVE YOUR PROFILE PIC ON FB...gorgeous, too!

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Pretty pots, Roselle. I hope spring is warming up for you now. Your girls are so beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails