Monday, May 13, 2013

finally

This is always such a busy time of year.  Today, I was finally able to photograph some pretties that I've been finding and using to create.

I  have a new love.  It's vintage bone dishes.  I love the history of  these sweet pieces!  Back in the day, when people had meat with bones, they would discard them on here.  I think that's a hoot that they would use such  pretty pieces for discarded bones!  lol

I've been painting (repurposing) but haven't had a chance to  share any of it.  
Despite it being spring in New Jersey, our weather is so not feeling like it!
The heat went on this morning since it was in the 40's here.  It's crazy (and a tad depressing).

Here are some of the pretties I have been playing around with the last few weeks.
Of course, white with French country and beach cottage influences!
Each piece is of course, white with French country and beach cottage influences!

I was so excited when I found this at a thrift store.  It was originally green.  I repainted it white and added knobs.  This makes a great memo/note/photo holder.  I love using mini clothes pins (either as is or embellished) for clips.  So charming!
I love this frame.  Whenever I find ornate ones, I usually scoop them up.  Great for using in groupings.  I rarely find circlar or oval ones like this though.  This was originally gold and I repainted it.  So much prettier now!

I hope to visit around to all my favorite blogs.
If you are here, thank you :)

Check out my link tab above to see what parties I am linking up to this week!
Roselle

I am joining up with a new blog party too this week:

9 comments:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I love all the white! So crisp and fresh looking. Hope you get some warm weather soon!

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Love the little memo holder!

I have an oval frame like that and it was brown when I bought it. I hardly EVER find ornate frames anymore!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Roselle...I love vintage bone dishes too, yours is so pretty!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Love your thrift store finds and of course adore white frames! I have never payed any attention to the Downton Abbey earrings...I can't wait to see them....Season 4

Carol

Jenna LaFevor said...

Gorgeous photographs! Love that oval frame! Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

Rebecca Nelson said...

Bone dishes make my heart sign. Silly I know...but I just LOVE THEM!

How are you sweets???? We must chat soon!

xoRebecca

Julie Marie said...

Hello dear Roselle... and thank you so much for visiting me and your heartfelt comment... your blog is so pretty... I too love the sea... I am signing on to follow your adventures... xoxo Julie Marie

elizabeth said...

I love all of your finds! Thanks for your kind comment on all my white thrifty finds.

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

ooooh, what pretty photography

Thank you for sharing at the Scoop Link Party this week! Now following your beautiful blog♥

Linsey at The Farmhouse Porch

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails