Sunday, March 10, 2013

Vintage Ironstone

So I have a new obsession.  I'm not sure when it began.  It happened gradually while selling and "checking out the competition" on Etsy.  I noticed lots of whites, French Farmhouse and IRONSTONE.  So, I'd look and look and drool.

Gradually, I began looking for it on my thrift hunts.  I started collecting/selling platters.  But then I found and started loving restaurantware.  Now that I'm on the hunt for it all the time, I wonder how many great pieces I've passed up!  This is a GORGEOUS cup and saucer set by Homer Laughlin.  I love the pieces but I also love the history behind it.

I just ADORE these little creamers.  They are so cute in a grouping or by themselves holding a spray of flowers or a bud.  These pieces are always very heavy and usually in pretty good condition.  They were made to endure the everyday use and abuse (LOL) of roadside diners all across the USA. 

Once in awhile, I'll find a cutie like this small "sauce" dish.  I think it's so sweet for holding rings, earrings or loose change.

Have a great week ahead!

~Roselle


To see where I am linking up this week, click the "link" tab above.

Also joining the party at:

Etsy Cottage Style-Vintage Fun

9 comments:

Linda Young said...

Love your ironstone! I am also from N.J. We just finished participating in the A.C. Antique Auto Auction, selling back issue car magazines. I'm happy to find your lovely blog! Make sure to watch in the west for the comet Tuesday night!
Be blessed,
Linda @ Grandmalay's Daydreams

Rebecca said...

Hi Roselle...

I just had to come back and say hello and comment on the PINK ROSE THING. I totally agree with you. They don't sell, or at least they don't like they once did. I will always paint them in some form or another...but when it's your business (aka: how you make $) you MUST pay attention to trends and what actually sells. Lots of the people out there still love pink...I'm one of them. But it is no longer the focus of my business. It is what it is. Can you imagine how are homes would look if those of use who once loved ducks and geese kept doing so? I guess we'd all find lots of great deals at the thrifts because those 1980's cuties are everywhere.

I love roses on farmhouse signs and stuff these days and still paint a few things...but nothing like before. Sad..but it's reality.

Thank you for visiting. It's ALWAYS a joy to see your name.

Love, Rebecca

Mariaelena said...

so pretty...love white ironstone...have a bunch myself..enjoy your Monday, Mariaelena

tina said...

So beautiful home!

Bev Carter said...

Love white ironstone. It is so great for decorating or just by itself. I pick them anytime I see something.
Found you at the Dedicated Party.
Have a great week,
Bev
@http://eclecticredbarn.blogspot.com

Heaven's Walk said...

Hi Roselle ~ I just had to stop by after your sweet visit and after I saw the name of your blog. :) My heart belongs to the sea after spending many years vacationing in Florida. Someday I hope to live there for the wintertime. I adore the fresh, clean style you have in your home. It's just beautiful! I'm your newest follower! ♥

xoxo laurie

AndiWinslow said...

I am a collector of white Ironstone, have several pieces and always looking. Found at a 50% off antique store a medium size pitcher last weekend. Always happy to find a new piece. andi
the wednesdaybaker.blogspot.com

Art and Sand said...

That little sauce dish is too sweet! I have a plate with scalloped edges that I just love. i need to get it out and use it.

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Absolutely stunning finds! Thank you for sharing. You will be one of the features tomorrow at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Pop on in and grab a feature button for your blog. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails