Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Spring Pastels


I've shared that I am moving toward a cleaner, more Farmhouse look in my home.  Tis true!  BUT...with the holidays, it's very easy to incorporate my beloved pinks into the mix.  I LOVE how they pop and stand out when everything around them is fresh and clean. 

These sweet little eggs are so adorable.  I painted them in shades of pale pink and just had some fun adding stripes, dots, roses and buds.  They are sweet sitting in a little milkglass bowl.  They make me smile.

I found this gorgeous pink ironstone creamer last week on one of my thrift/treasure hunts.  I was so excited to see a pink one.   It's made by Sterling and the pattern is called "shell pink".  LOVE this little cutie. 

I really do love the shape of this.  It will be adorable holding a few pretty spring flowers.  Can't wait to fill it!
Yet another ironstone platter.  This is very heavy and not unusual, but the pattern here is just so sweet.  This is too pretty to keep hidden away in a china cabinet.  I've used this to display pink vintage Christmas ornaments.  I've also had it on my coffee table and used it to display my favorite little "do-dads".  Little shells, religious medals, tags, ribbons.  I love looking at all those pretty things and I hate that they are packed away in the "to be used for crafting" box. 

It's a rainy, dreary REAL MARCH kind of day here.    Too early for planting or spring feathering of my nest.  But this blog post is a start!  :)


~Roselle

3 comments:

Mari said...

Hi Friend,
I just love your pretty hand painted eggs, so pretty for easter...
I think your pink pitcher is beautiful...

Big smiles~
Mari

Laurel@chippingwithcharm said...

So very sweet...especially love the pink pitcher. Great find :)

Donna Heber said...

Your pink ironstone is gorgeous! What a lovely shade.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails