Thursday, January 10, 2013

changes.

glad you could stop by!
i have been giving myself quite a few pep talks in the last few weeks.

if you follow my blog or are an email friend, you know that things have been a tad "messy" for over a year.

i digress...that's not what this post is about.  it's about changes.
changes in me.
in my home.
my shop.
my attitude.
my everything.

so, in december i mentioned that i was cleaning out clutter and going for a simpler look.

with a discarded pinkish shabby chic couch in the summer and the addition of a few pieces here and there, my home is really starting to be the home of my dreams.  

mostly white.
french farmhouse.
simpler.
clean and less cluttered.


this cubby is one of my favorite pieces in the house.
inside, it holds small collectibles for my shop, ephemera, and some art supplies.
the collectibles are all either handmade by me or some talented friend and all vintage and thrift!
mostly all the pink in my home is gone. 

you can see part of a vintage pink plate at the top left, but aside from some "touches" of pink here and there, it's mostly all gone.

i won't stop painting my beloved roses or creating upcycled pink pretties for my shop, but they don't go with the vibe i am creating here in our home anymore.


more thoughts on collecting white ironstone, milkglass and getting healthy in 2013 coming soon!

thanks for visting~

6 comments:

Bella said...

Hi Roselle,
The changes are lloking good!! I am lovin peaceful white lately too:-) Love that cubby, completely charming!
Wishing you a great 2013:-)
Hugs,
Bella

The Rosegarden in Malevik said...

Hi Roselle
I like the changes,,,,
and do not miss THE

T
U
L
I
P

P
A
R
T
Y

it is FUN :)
WELCOME
Håkan ( The Roseman)

Deb Hen said...

hi love your style...I am also in NJ......would love for you to visit my blog www.vintageonadime.blogspot.com for Welcome Home Wednesdays... Debbie:)

Lenetta Carnes said...

Hi, Great post. I found you through the blog hop. Now following you.Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance.
Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that we just started, It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Here's the link in case you want to check it out. Thanks again.http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup-html

Sherry said...

I have that same little vase and I just love it! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Change is sometimes good Roselle... wishing you all the best in 2013. Thank you for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails