Friday, December 7, 2012

Sparkly and Light

I've changed up my holiday decorations a bit this year.  Less is more, mostly all white (with a few splashes of color) and I've added a few new things.  These two are new.  I adore milk glass.  CAN NOT pass it up if it's a good piece and in great condition.  I've been wanting one of these sweet pedestal bowls for awhile but can never find one.  I was so happy to have found one this month, just in time for the holidays!  The vintage sewing drawer is another fav piece.  It was originally dark brow but with a coat of Heirloom White, it's a shabby beauty now!  I LOVE the hardware on this piece.  Most of my thrift finds are sold as is in my shop or repurposed.  These two are staying with me :)
This is a part of my shabby cottage cabinet.  Just a vintage restaurant ware bowl with some small ornaments and a pretty wood block featuring vintage style photos of children in the snow.  I'll share the entire cubby in another post.

I collect vintage Putz houses and these lit houses.  I have them all over the house in all shapes and sizes.  This one is sitting on my desk right under the TV.  LOVE the soft colors and tones here :)


Another house here. This is a wee one.  I love the little white fence and pretty white tree :)
 
One of my favorite ornaments on our tree.  I have four of these sweet bells.  They are all in pastel colors.  I've placed faux white poinsettias here and there on the tree to fill in the bare spots.  Even though our tree is green and has a few traditional colored ornies (things my girls made or a few vintage ones from my childhood), the white flowers placed throughout the tree really make it shabby chic and WHITE!!!  I'm so happy with my tree this year.  I will share full pics in another post :)

I hope you enjoyed my few shares today and come back to visit again soon.

Have a great weekend!

~Roselle

Linking up with:

Vintage Inspiration Thursday
Shabbilicious Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Featherd Nest Friday


9 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love all of the decorations, that sewing drawer with the bulbs is so simple and elegant! I love the pink bell too!

Carol

Ginger said...

Roselle your decorations are all so sweet and beautiful. I love the white and the little houses are my favorites. Just everything is so awesome. Love it.
Ginger

tina said...

so orgeous! have a nice weekend

Tracey Steele@Breathing English Air said...

Beautiful! I was unfamiliar with milk glass until I started blogging, but I am now quite taken with it. I need to keep a look out myself. I like the bell very much. The bells on my childhood tree were always my favourite.

michele said...

i'll never tire of white!

lovely!

hope you will find a moment to stop by and enter a giveaway i am hosting for followers (i hope you win!):
http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/12/personalized-lovely-giveaway.html

happy weekend to you!

michele

The Rosegarden in Malevik said...

woow.just LOVE the colours :)
and do not miss.....

S
A
T
U
R
D
A
Y

S
H
O
W

O
F
F

it is FUN :)
WELCOME
Håkan ( The Roseman)

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Don't you love it when the tree works! Your other touches are cheery too! I love white at Christmas. Thanks so much for visiting the new blog while I get all sorted out!

Rebecca said...

Love your whites my friend. What are all of us pink rose painters going to do? I hardly paint anymore! :) Such is life! :) Time to press onward!

Love to you~Rebecca

Free Spirit Designs said...

Your decorations are gorgeous! I love all the white and pastels - so pretty and calming :)

My favourite is the lit house - so pretty! x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails