Wednesday, October 24, 2012

White Ironstone

I love the simplicity of restaurant ware.  This little ironstone small bowl is adorable.
It's cute holding little Halloween candies but I can see it making a cute catch all or trinket dish.
 
This lovely little platter has a sweet pale green patter around the edges.  Most restaurant ware is heavy and practical.  Usually plain and heavy. There is just something about the history and simple lines of  these pieces that I find lovely.
I am very happy when I find the smaller pieces in my thrift treasure hunts.  I think they make great little ways to display pretties or to use on vanities or counters as catch-alls.
This is one of my favorites.  It's a pretty ironstone platter with lovely raised edges.
These look sweet in a grouping on a wall or in a plate stand on a mantle.
These creamers or syrup containers are fun to use for small vases.  I have one in my bathroom that I use to hold makeup brushes.
 
Joining up today with:
 
 


8 comments:

BECKY said...

Hi Roselle! I love restaurant ware, too! I have some awesome chunky mugs that I adore, and some oval lunch plates that I love to use!

Love your sweet photos, too!
Thank you for joining in BWW today!!
Have a lovely evening!
Becky

Nellie's Cozy place said...

I love all things white, but my fav was your ironstone platter. It ran
away with my heart...........

Blessings, Nellie

Faye said...

You have some lovely pieces, especially that curved edge platter. I can never pass a nice piece of heavy white ironstone or restaurant ware.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Roselle, Your restaurant ware is beautiful. I love the simplicity of it and the fresh look.
Love your pics. Your blog looks beautiful. So nice to see you today. Hope you have a great rest of the week and thanks for sharing your pretty whites.

Hugs, Celestina Marie

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I have not yet embraced ironstone,but you have inspired me to keep my eyes open for it! I would love some in my house and I know they would sell well in my shop.

Carol

Ginger said...

So love the platter, I love white dishes. Restaurant ware is beautiful and holds some neat memories.

Ginger

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Love your ironstone and all the white! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

BeeJayKay said...

Roselle, what a beautiful well-designed blog!

Visit us soon:

http://etsyvintageelite.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails