Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summer and Winter Whites

I found this beautiful filigree framed mirror vanity tray while out thrifting.  Unfortunately, the mirror and back were beyond repair, so they got tossed.  Rather than throw away the whole piece, I kept the metal frame and painted it white. 

I've added a piece of string and hanging from it is a sweet embellished clothes pin and vintage pages from a French book.  I think this would be a beautiful way to hang any vintage pictures or postcards.  The frame is light so it can hang nicely on any small hook or nail in the home. 
Tomorrow, Etsy is kicking off their Christmas In July sale all over the site.  I am joining up with the festivities.   Here is a white frosted ornament.  I painted a pink rose and greenery on it and added a paper rose and ribbon.
I adore vintage ornaments.  I don't care if they are scratched or worn.  I love rescuing them.  I keep the extra fragile ones out in bowls and candy jars just like this.  So pretty displayed all over the house for the holidays.

Well, that's it for today.  Have a great week everyone!

Roselle
I will be linking up with:

White Wednesday
Circle Of Eve Blog Christmas In July
Shabbilicious Friday

2 comments:

Tracey@Breathing English Air said...

Such a pretty frame, I like the way you are using it.
I too like the vintage Christmas ornaments, I suppose they add to the nostalgic feel we try to create.

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

What a sweet little "frame" and I like your transformation!!
I have a collection of vintage ornaments too and like to imagine all the happy family Christmas' they've shared in over the years.
Cheers,
Lynn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails