Friday, July 13, 2012

Pink Saturday

This was a thrift find.  An old and stained pharmacy bottle.  Nothing special but when a pretty pink seam binding ribbon and paper rose are attached it becomes a darling little collectible.  Imagine one pretty bloom in this sweet glass piece!
I am drawn to the simplicity of it.
I am trying to scale back in my home and my life.  I want peace.  I am the type of person, that when surrounded by clutter,  piles, and a mess I tend to feel like a cluttered mess.
I have been slowly (due to health issues) recycling, trashing and putting away what isn't needed or used. 
I found these vintage beauties thrifting last year.  I am having a Christmas In July sale in my shop, so they have been cleaned off, given a photo shoot and are displayed.  They are so pretty in this vintage soup bowl.  Too pretty to put on a tree and not be able to enjoy their beauty up close and personal.
This adorable ornament dates back to the 1940's.  It's marked West Germany.  It's glass and unfortunately, it has a few pink prick holes in it.  But I rescue ornaments whenever I find them, so I couldn't pass it up.

I am joining up today with Bev over at How Sweet The Sound for Pink Saturday.

Happy Weekend All!

Roselle

18 comments:

Riet said...

What a lovely pink post.I love the bottle with the decoating/ Happy pink Saturday

LV said...

I enjoy the simple things of life. You did very well with this plain little bottle. Looks very nice.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

love the pink ornies ... I just found some wonderful ones as well.
Happy Pink Saturday and good luck cleaning out. I don't seem to be able to do it :)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Roselle! The ornaments are lovely and I like what you did with the bottle. It's amazing what some ribbon can do. Have a lovely weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

joanne said...

every pic is so delicately pink....nice job

Marianne said...

Roselle, hello...

I echo your sentiments about peace. I, too, mostly because of my job, am craving peace. I think uncluttering is a good place to start.

The bottle looks very pretty with the ribbon and rose. It certainly would make a delightful vase for a beauty.

Blessings for peace in your life,
Marianne

SwedishCorner-DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Beautiful pinks! Love the ornaments - used to have some too, but they are long gone. HPS :)
Greetings from Australia♥
~Pernilla

Robyn said...

these are such sweet vintage ornaments, we have several on our tree an I hope to add more. I have a hard time passing up vintage bottles too, nice job "dressing" it up. Have a fun pink saturday!

Rebecca said...

Hi Miss R...I'm so glad you stopped by to see me. I always love it when you do.

I love your pinks! I especially love bottles. I find them all the time and just snagged a few new ones yesterday at GoodWill. I love the unusual ones, don't you? They are getting harder to find. Just like ornaments!

Hope you are well and enjoying your summer.

Blessings~xoRebecca

Tracey@Breathing English Air said...

Your Christmas ornaments are gorgeous. Isn't it incredible how the little ribbon around the pharmacy bottle transforms it completely.

Bill said...

I may be a guy, but I think pink brightens up everything. Beautiful pieces! Have a happy Pink Saturday!

Lorraine said...

Oh your ornaments are so pretty!! And I know what you mean about scaling back, I'm trying to do that also...it is hard, tho.
Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

bohemiannie! art said...

I've just downsized and let go of many beloved items so I know how hard it can be...but liberating in a way too! I think your bottle and ornaments are just lovely.

Ginger said...

Roselle the bottle is beautiful and I LOVE those pink ornies. Are they in your Etsy? Keep up the good work.
Ginger

Olivia said...

Your blog is a breath of fresh air! Thank you ever so much for visiting!
Love those darling bottles!
xo
Olivia

cassandrasminicorner said...

Lovely creations..

Visiting for PF- hope you can stop by..

http://www.sweetposh.info/2012/07/pool-time.html

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Cute bottle. I like its shape. And I love vintage glass ornaments! Yours are really pretty!

Niftic Vintage said...

Love your pinky, pink Saturday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails