Saturday, June 16, 2012

Retro Pink Kitchen

I recently discovered Melmac.  Also called Melamine.  This shiny, plastic kitchenware is so adorable for your retro kitchen or to add pretty pops of color to your cottage decor.  There are a few manufacturers of this vintage kitchen decor.  This set happens to be by Boonton in the Somerset pattern.  
I rarely find this kitchen decor when I am out thrifting.  I've see a few pieces here and there but never in my coveted pink.  I've come across white, pale blue and green.  Usually a random plate or saucer.  I am forever on the lookout!

Finding these glasses was a treat.  They are a set of tumblers with pink tea pots, bowls and tureens decorating them.  The tops have a white border and the bottom white border is in a checkerboard design.  LOVE these.  They are in perfect condition.  I was lucky to have found them!


We are being blessed here in NJ with no humidity and temps in the high 70's.  Perfect for gardening, thrifting or just sitting outside and breathing in the fresh air.  I plan on enjoying the rest of the weekend with my family.  I hope you enjoy yours!  Thanks for visiting!

Roselle

Linking up with:

11 comments:

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Yes! I love my pink melamine but I've been buying other colors, too! I still haven't found any yellow so the hunt continues! ♥

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

Love those sweet sweet glasses!! I don't think I've ever seen pink Melmac -- I'll have to keep my eyes open for it!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

The glasses are adorable! Lucky find! Glad you're getting some pretty weather!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Roselle, your glasses are a cute find! I never see pink melamine either although I am more into china these days anyway. Thank you for your visit and your nice comment about my magazine feature. Have delightful weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh WOW, Roselle, this is pinkalicious! Hope you're having an awesome summer!
XO
Cindy

Susan said...

Great finds, Roselle, and perfectly pink for you! Enjoy your weekend.

Penny said...

I love your pink glasses!! Thank you so much for visiting my blog!! Your newest follower, Penny

eJoops said...

A wonderful and beautiful PINK post!


HPS, a little late but catching up to visit you. Here's my PINK, hope you'd come and see. Have a great weekend.

chubskulit said...

You have a beautiful entry this week.

Happy Pink Saturday. Come and take a peek at my PINK when you get a chance. Enjoy Father's Day!

Austine Etcheverry said...

Those shoes are adorable, I have boys so we don't have any shoes that look like that. Mostly cars shoes with the backs eaten.

Ginger said...

Those dishes are awesome. I love pink melmac and those glasses are to die for. Hope u had a great weekend
Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails