Saturday, June 23, 2012

Decorating With Thrift Whites

If you know me or follow my blog, you know  I LOVE white.  I love vintage and I really love taking something and making into something ELSE (repurposing).

This was an exciting thrift store find for me.  It's an old cupboard door.  I painted it a shabby white (lightly distressed) and added a glass knob.  There is a hook on the back to hang on a wall.  LOVE this cottage farmhouse sweetie!

Another thrift store repurposing.  A wood candle holder was painted white.  We drilled a hole on the inside of a beauteous cottage floral and pink tea cup and bonded it to the area where the candle would be held.  I painted pink roses on the base and added a clay rose to the top of the piece.  Once again, creating something out of nothing and using previously unloved and forgotten thrift pieces!

I adore this china.  I have a few hand me down plates (see my blog header) and was VERY excited when I found not one but two of these platters while out thrifting.  Can they be sweeter?  Beautiful roses and fleurs in pink, yellow and blue.  Gold ruffled edges and I am in heaven! 

I hope you have a wonderful week!

Roselle

Linking up today with:

Shabbilicious Friday
Pink Saturday
White Wednesday
Etsy Cottage Style Garden Party

10 comments:

sissie said...

Great finds Roselle! I love the old cabinet door.

hugs
Sissie

Penny said...

I love your idea of using a tea cup instead of a votive cup!! Hugs, Penny

TheInspiredTrader said...

The cabinet door is great! I love those old glass knobs; they make a great combo!

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Ooo! I love that china pattern, too!

cassandrasminicorner said...

Impressive, beautiful!

Visiting for Pink Saturday- hope you can stop by..

http://www.sweetposh.info/2012/06/pink-swimsuit.html

Olivia said...

Hi honey, it is so good to see your beautiful face! Thank you for visiting me, I am feeling better! Love your gorgeous roses!! xoxo
Olivia

Debbie said...

When I saw the plates in your header, I was amazed, because I have three of them. Then I got to the end of your post and saw the platter! I've not seen these anywhere else...so imagine my surprise to see them here!!!
I love all of your treasures you found. Especially the platters.
xxoo

Teresa Kline said...

gorgeous items here on your blog...hope you have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*

Ginger said...

Love it all, especially the cabinet door. Looks like u have been busy. Think I'm getting my second wind, maybe I can get creative. What a great idea on the candle, teacup holder.
Hugs
G

Austine Etcheverry said...

I really enjoyed your blog. Lot's of pretty items displayed on it. Happy Pink!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails