Thursday, May 24, 2012

Rustic Porch

Slowly, my front yard/porch is coming together.

Two thrift store finds repurposed and brought together.  I found this green wood shutter last year for 2.00 at a thrift store.  I painted it white but left a lot of the green showing.  It's very shabby!   The basket is pretty tattered and worn, perfect for a little container garden of pink and white Impatiens.


Our siding is a pale yellow.  I've leaned it up against the side wall of the porch and it's sitting next to my beat up wicker chair.  I really love how rustic and weathered it all looks.

This little wrought iron table is about 15 years old (maybe older).   It's been moved from deck to porch to lawn. It's back on the porch.  I took a vintage cupcake tin, sprayed it white but kept it very distressed and planted sweet flowers in each of the cupcake holders.  I love using these for container gardens!

The top of the table is tiled with this pretty rose mosaic.

I will be working on my containers, beds and porch more this weekend and will be sure to share more!

Joining up with these linky parties:
White Wednesday
Common Ground's Vintage Inspiration Thursday
Fishtail Cottage
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabbilicius Friday
Have a great week!
Roselle

12 comments:

Tracey Steele said...

It all looks very pretty. I like the cupcake tin, it looks lovely with the delicate pink flowers.

Fishtail Cottage said...

Such a fun post ~ love the cupcake pan idea! thanks for linking up to the garden party today! Seeing so much inspiration....xoox, tracie

sissie said...

Hi Roselle,
Your porch is looking so pretty and I love the idea of using a shabby shutter whenever possible.

Have a wonderful weekend.

hugs
Sissie

Faye ~ Wild Rose Vintage ~ Cabin Creek said...

I love the shutter and the basket of impatiens!

Heaven's Walk said...

Great idea with the shutter and basket! Love it's rustic sweetness!

xoxo laurie

A Cottage Muse said...

Love the color on the shutter...looks so pretty!

Rebecca said...

Gorgeous porch sweet friend! Love the shutter!!!! YUM-meeee!

You make me smile. I love it when you stop by. That black top I have on in the picture is a peasant black top with a ruffled vest over it with a low-slung belt. The vest is 10 years old. EEEK! Saved it to use as a pattern for other stuff...on my 2-do-list!

xoRebecca

The Polka Dot Closet said...

HI, Your porch is gorgeous! have fun gardening it is almost to warm here now to spend to much time outside!

Have a great weekend

Carol

Kristin_Texas said...

I love the flowers in the little muffin pan!

Kristin

awal.ny said...

How sweet, I love the little basket and great idea for the little tin.

Sherry said...

This turned out fantastic! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Debra @ Common Ground said...

Hi Roselle, what a gorgeous setting. Something so simple adds so very much. such wonderful photos too. thanks for linking up to the party!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails