Monday, April 2, 2012

French Inspired

I have been playing with water slide decals.
I purchased a set of French inspired decals from Carol over at the Polka Dot Closet.
My first try was this little vanity bottle.  After I applied the decal, I embellished it with vintage paper roses, ribbon and a vintage earring.

I don't know which I love more, the vintage paper roses (rescued from a vintage hat) or the vintage earring.

This is a repurposed spice rack.  I painted it up white, painted the lids white and added tiny rosebuds.  I added one of Carol's Paris decals to the top for extra charm.

Whenever I find a spice rack with ALL the jars, I am sure to scoop them up.  I don't have much luck finding them in thrift stores.
This is a sweet way to display glitter, buttons and loose jewelry destash.
 This was an primitive oak cracker tray.  Again, painted it up cottage white, distressed it and added a Fleura decal.
This is another cute way to organize your crafts.  Carol gives a great tutorial on decals (amongst many other fun turtorials).  You can visit her post here:  Carol's Water Slide Decals

I am joining up with the Spring Party Blog Hop over at French Country Cottage.
Click on link to blog hop!
Also linking up to:

Thanks for visiting today!
~Roselle

11 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Roselle, stunning!! I love to see how people use them! Your roses on the top of the spice racks, well, I feel like a proud Mommma! The ribbon on the bottle, oh my! I love your new blog colors, sooo soft!

Carol

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I have wanted to use those too! Your projects looks great!

Mimi said...

I love these beautiful projects. It's amazing what you did with that ordinary spice rack. The bottles are tres elegant. I'm going to pin your bottles on my "Elegant Crafts" pinboard on Pinterest @moonflorists.

Janet said...

The water slide decals really add an extra pretty touch! Your spice rack looks so sweet!

Ginger said...

I love the spice bottles, I would use those for my glitter and the bottle is to die for. Good job!
G

A Cottage Muse said...

How pretty ~ thanks for sharing, this is a great idea!

Andi said...

I love them and the spice rack with jars are so great too!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

I love all your bottles! I've kind of had a bottle fetish lately. Love those decals!

myric andreasen said...

Oh wow! These are so pretty and oh so dreamy!

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a nice comment. Love your blog!

Xoxo
Myric

Susan said...

Those slide decals look amazing Roselle! I love that caddy at the end. You're so talented!

Rebecca said...

Love all you do Miss R! LOVE THOSE WATER SLIDES!

How are you feeling these days? Better? How's the die-it-ing coming? Somehow I've managed to keep my 40lbs OFF and I'm so grateful. I'll gain 3 and lose 4, gain 4 lose 5....so far I'm ahead!

Love to you~

xoRebecca

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails