Monday, April 16, 2012

Reclaimed Vintage

I found another one of these wood cracker trays while thrifting.  This is actually the third one of these that I have found.  They come in brown and the word crackers is painted on them.  Anyone know the manufacturer of these?  Anyway, I painted it white and then distressed it.  I have a collection of these wee plates that I can never seem to pass up when I'm in a thrift store.  They are smaller than saucers and they always call my name.
They each have such pretty little details.  I am partial to gold leafing.  I use these on dressers, my bathroom vanity and on shelves.  They are great for all those tiny and easy to get lost goodies like earrings, bobbie pins and pins.
This is an old sewing machine drawer that I added hand painted roses to.  The front and sides are decorated with the sprays and the inside is pink. 

Large sprays are painted on the sides.  This is sitting on my white coffee table right now.  It's great for holding those ugly remote controls.
And yet...it's still ugly no matter where I put it :)

Have a great week ahead!

Roselle

Joining up with:

Knick of Time Vintage Style Tuesday
White Wednesday
Primp

9 comments:

Miss Gracie's House said...

I love the cracker tray with the little plates...what a fun way to use it!
Have a great day!
Rene'

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I've never seen any cracker trays, probably because you are snatching them all up! The sewing drawers are darling! And the remote...Don't get me started LOL!

Carol

Rosetta said...

E' adorabile questo vassoio rosa delicato con questa bell'aria vintage!I piattini dentro ci stanno una meraviglia!Rosetta

Jeannie B. said...

Don't think I have ever seen a cracker tray or I just overlooked it. But it is very pretty all painted up.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Darling little sewing drawers! These must be so fun to do up!

DallyGirl @ Lifeat2810 said...

Followed over from the Knick of Time. I have never seen a cracker tray but by the looks of yours, I will be keeping my eye open to grab one if/when I do spy one. That is darling! And the drawer is so pretty. I have a few drawers stashed that need to be redone....

Candy said...

Yes, my Mom had a cracker tray just like that one.....except it was unpainted maple. Lovin your sewing machine drawer. I paint roses too, on anything and everything.
Im your newest follower. Please come follow me at http://www.PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com.

Lynnie @ Ramblings from Vintage Gal said...

Hi I think those little dishes might be called berry bowls. Love those cracker trays you find...

Kathy Shea Mormino said...

I would love it if you would join me in linking up at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/clever-chicks-blog-hop-10-rural.html

I hope you can make it!
Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails