Friday, April 27, 2012

Paris and Pinks

One of my favorite bushes is the Bleeding Heart.
  I don't know the actual name, but that is what we call the bushes that have these beauteous blooms.  They are such a gorgeous bright pink.  They hang in the shape of hearts with little stems and another little heart dangling from that.  How sweet are these?
Here's a perfect view of the heart shape.  I love how pretty this looks in a simple thrift store milk glass vase.
  Simple makes me happy.

My husband's two sisters treated themselves to a trip to Paris at the beginning of April.  They sent my girls and I a care package this week.  It was so nice to open the pretty packages and find what they sent us.  These are two beautiful post cards that my sister in law got for me to use for decorating (they mailed us postcards too!).
Of course, I love all the roses and pink :)
My eleven year old loves to read.  Her aunt gave her this sweet girl holding her kitty bookmark.  We love kittys here :)

I will share more French goodies this week.

Have a great weekend ~ Roselle
Joining up with:

10 comments:

LV said...

What a sweet, short and simple post. Love it.

Ms. Burrito said...

So beautiful! Come and join my Color Connection meme too. The linky is at my Pink Dinosaurs entry. Have a lovely weekend!

Tracey Steele said...

The packages sound lovely; the postcard and bookmark are so pretty.
I love bleeding hearts. I was looking at them recently because I saw some white ones featured on a gardening programme, but I also found a red one (dicentra Valentine) I have a feeling one of those will make its way into our garden!
Have a wonderful weekend.

Ginger said...

How lucky you are receiving such great gifts. And the bleeding hearts are my favorites. We can't grow them in Okla and do very well as it is so hot here in the summer. When my daughter lived in upper state NY I went to visit and those were everywhere and I fell in love. Have a great weekend.
Hugs
G

Marti McClure said...

I love your photo of the bleeeding heart flowers. I don't think I have ever seen them before out here in California. And how fun and wonderful to open goodies from Paris! Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

What sweet treasures from France! I know you are delighted with them...Our Bleeding Hearts are blooming, too. Aren't they exquisite?
If you visit my blog you will see a picture of my some of mine!
HPS!
♥ Jil

Light and Voices said...

The mystery of the vanishing bleeding heart plants. I am planning on replacing them. Is fall a good time?
Joyce M

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

It's easy to see where the bleeding heart plant get its name.....and that color is glorious! :)

Debbie said...

Very pretty...and very French.
Love it.

Michelle said...

Hi Roselle!

What a lovely bunch of Bleeding hearts! Your blog is so pretty as well.

Thank you for stopping by by new art blog, Olde Rose Artistry.

You had asked me what program I used to make my rose mosaic. I use Serif software to create my free blog headers and other artsy creations. The price is so reasonable compared to Photoshop and it is very intuitive and user friendly.

I don't have a link for you, but it is easy enough to look up on the web.

I know very little about graphics design, but Serif has made it possible for even a technologically challenged person like myself to have success!

Hope this helps!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails