Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring Cloches

I can't resist collecting vintage cloches.  When I am thrift shopping, if I come across either a cloche or a vintage apothecary jar, I scoop it up.  I love changing up the little treasures kept inside.  Right now, I'm loving these sweet blue eggs.  Honesty, the eggs were more expensive than the three cloches put together!  LOL



I like using the cloches with vintage silver (the more tarnished, the better) or vintage saucers or bread plates.   This small silver tray took a while to find.  It's small enough for this wee cloche but it took lots of treasure hunting to match up this perfect pair.
I HAD to have this metal crown covered jar.  It was rusty and I painted it with Heirloo White.  This pretty is filled with green spring eggs. 


I am joining up today with:
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Marty's A Stroll Thru Life Cloche Party

Thank you for visiting today!
Roselle

8 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh you cloches are wonderful and the beautiful blue eggs are perfect. Stunning . Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

Shelia said...

Very pretty and I love the colored eggs.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sherri said...

Roselle, I love cloches and apothecary jars too! Yours are gorgeous!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh WOW, the cloches are fabulous, Roselle!!! And I am so in love with that amazing crown!!!
XO
Cindy

Miss Kitty said...

Hi Roselle! I just had to come see your blog post when I saw the title of your entry at "A Stroll thru LIfe". I don't really thrift shop that much but since I have been wanting to come to Marty's cloche parties, I do stop at thrift stores sometimes just to look for cloches, cake or cheese covers, etc. Thanks for sharing your finds and your great photos of your groupings.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

YOu might be a gesso geek, but I am a cloche geek, yours are beautiful and I don't have any...Not a one! We can both hold the title for never having tried chalk paint!

Carol

Fox Hollow Cottage said...

So pretty! Love the last one with the crown, yes, a must have for sure =)

Honey at 2805 said...

Your cloches are all so pretty! I do like you metal crowed jar! Adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails