Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Whites Around Here

After all the holiday decor is packed away for another year, I love the clean and simple way my house feels all around us.  I putter around putting things back where they were and/or moving them to new spots around our space.

Just a simple silver plate tray with a ton of patina that I love.  It sits on our coffee table and just holds whatever the treasure of the day might be.  It was filled with vintage ornies not too long ago and now these two white starfish will call it home.
A favorite place to decorate...our mantle.    This changes a lot too.  Right now all my silver, mercury glass and vintage apothecary jars filled with sea shells adorn it.  Beloved pics of those gone before always have a special place here no matter what surrounds them.  The vintage window that I snagged at a thrift store ALREADY painted white (be still my heart) is another favorite treasure of mine.  That has a permanent place there.  Sometimes, a wreath or garland might be added to it.
LOVE this frame...the pretty shells are all from the Atlantic here at the Jersey Shore.  Most collected by my babies thru the years.  We have them all over the house.

The middle of my cubby (I shared about that project a few posts back).  I'm still having fun dressing it.  Right now my favorite is the little flower frog holding a vintage Valentine postcard.  Love the startfish just hanging out there ;)

Have a great week friends!
~Roselle

Linking up with White Wednesday

10 comments:

Niftic Vintage said...

Your home looks absolutely lovely and so romantic. Thanks for sharing a little piece of yourself with us!

jeanetteann said...

Roselle, I think your little vignettes are lovely. I especially like the little white frame on the mantle. x jeanetteann

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

Everything looks beautiful! Your mantle is gorgeous and looks like the perfect place to keep changing it up! Love your shell collection.

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Ooo! Such a pretty mantle! Lucky girl! Thanks for signing up for our dotty swap! ♥

Ellen's Attic Treasures said...

Just Beautiful!

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Hi Roselle, your mantel is lovely....so serene and clean looking. The white looks fabulous!

Barb ♥

Kathy said...

I too love the clean feel after taking down the Christmas decor - it was fun putting that up - everything has its season! Love the patina to the tray! Gorgeous - You've inspired me to put out flower frogs with cards!
So sweet!
Thank you for sharing with Home and Garden Thursday!
God Bless,
Kathy

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Roselle,
It ALL looks soooo dreamy, my friend!!! And so peaceful too! I love your creative touch--It is ALWAYS so inspiring!!! Love, Cindy

Jann Olson said...

Hi Roselle,
Love how fresh and clean everything looks. I too enjoy the home a little less cluttered after Christmas. However, yesterday I started pulling out the Valentines Day decor. Filling it up again fast. lol!
Jann

Kim said...

<3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails