Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"New" Old Cubby

I bought this cubby in a thrift store some time last winter.  It's two pieces.  It was already white but needed a new coat of paint.  I knew it would be the perfect size for this spot against this wall in our kitchen.
I was afraid it would make the wall look lopsided or uneven but it's just the right size and I love the added charm it gives to our kitchen.
Right now, it's filled with Christmas pinks and whites.  I can't wait to put away all the holiday decor and put my house back together.  I plan on keeping one of the doors on top open and displaying thrift, vintage and hand painted treasures for show. 
A display of sparkly Christmas pretties.  I collect snowmen :)
This beautiful hanging Santa ornament is a gift from my friend Ginger.  She's so sweet and talented.  I was happy that I had this cubby done in time for Christmas and when I received this prettie in the mail, I knew I had the perfect spot to display it!

Thanks for visiting.

Joining up today with:


10 comments:

Tina Eudora said...

Roselle I love it! What a beauty it is and I love what you did with it. The color is perfect and the idea of leaving a door open to display some treasures is inspired.
What a lovely gift your friend Ginger made for you, aren't friends just the best?
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you the very happiest New Year filled with only the best life has to offer!
Tina xo

A Few Pennies said...

So pretty and your display/vignettes are lovely! Great project for your room. Have a Happy New Year!

Rebecca said...

Loving your cabinet Roselle! Nothing like a good coat of paint to fix things right up! I am hoping this year my hubby and I will return to doing some work on our kitchen. With him being back in school it's put everything on hold!

Hope your Christmas was lovely and your New Year is blessed with good things!

Love to you~

Rebecca PS: How did the dieting thingy go???? xoxo

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Roselle,
I LOVE your precious cabinet--It is perfection!!! and all of your pink pretties look sooo beautiful--and what a wonderful treasure you received from Ginger!!!

Wishing you a New Year filled with all good things and lots of joy!
XO
Cindy

Elyse said...

hi roselle!

what a great piece!

wishing you health and happiness in the new year!

xo
elyse

Ginger said...

Love, love, love your new cubby! I want it. And I am honored you put my little creation on it. Looks great there. Have a Happy New Year dear friend.
XO
Ginger

Gayle Page-Robak said...

I simply love your 'cubby'...what a wonderful piece of furniture and it looks so beautiful in your kitchen. I am now a follower of your blog and look forward to return visits. I invite you to join me as well at http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

The Polka Dot Closet said...

That cabinet is perfect!! Just the right size! I am so glad I got all of my Christmas decor down and packed away, I took advantage of having my son here to put it back up in the attic. The house seem so clean!

Happy New Year.....It'll get better!

Carol

special 'k' said...

I was just dropping by to wish you a Happy New Year and thank you for visiting my place and your special comments. I look forward to engaging more with you in 2012. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Cindy F. Adkins said...

Your cupboard turned out great and looks perfect in your kitchen! Stopping by to wish you a Happy New Year!
Hugs, Cindy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails