Monday, November 14, 2011

Thrift and Vintage Pretties

I love skeleton keys.  I love the old door knobs they unlocked.  They can be vintage, faux, plastic or diamond (the necklace kind), I'm not picky, I HEART all of them. 

I took this rusty vintage key, added a creamy gold ribbon and paper rose and it's a cute decoration to hang from a tree, knob or hook.

Another one of my favorite things is vintage ephemera.  This glass bulb is filled with vintage sheet music.  It's displayed on vintage journal pages.  Ephemera heaven I tell ya!
I've been rescuing vintage mercury ornaments the last few years and now I seem to have a thing for rescuing vintage cookie cutters.   This cute aluminum turkey cookie cutter is perfect for Thanksgiving.  So cute with some brown seam binding to hang from.
In the next few weeks, I will be sharing more of my rescued ornaments.  Be sure to check back and visit often!

9 comments:

peggy aplSEEDS said...

i love vintage keys too. this necklace you made is just beautiful! thanks for sharing!
hugs,
peggy aplSEEDS

tami said...

Hi Roselle...I love your key and your turkey cookie cutter is so sweet. I just bought an old Christmas tree cookie cutter. I need to come up with a project for it.
xo Tami

Fishtail Cottage said...

lovely! my favorite is the key! xoox, tracie

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love the glass ornament, I decided I will make a point to look for them after the holidays, I would love a bunch for next year!! Thank you for the congrats for the wedding...guess what, she wants a vintage theme. Only she is talking about buying stuff off ETSY..Yikes, she has no idea what a crafter I am so, I am going to make her follow my blog. She does not seem to want help planning the wedding, I think she is one of those girls that has been planning her wedding since she was 4 and wants to do all the planning,so as the MIL, I have to stand back and see how this plays out? I, in the mean time, am planning a fun rehearsal dinner!

Carol

A Cottage Muse said...

What a cute cookie cutter!!
I made some of those sheet music filled ornaments for my booth and need to make more!

Bella said...

Hi Roselle,
Love the key and rose!! I am crazy for keys too, the mystery of what they unlock:-)
Hugs,
Bella

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Roselle,
Awww, I love it all!!! It's so beautiful! I have a free seminar on my blog and a giveaway if you'd like to enter to win~I hope you're having a good weekend.
XO
Cindy

Lisa said...

Nice work! Lovely blog, too.

Debbie said...

I love old keys too.
I like what you've done with yours.
xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails