Thursday, October 27, 2011

What Are Your Cottage Colors?

I am joining up today with Etsy Cottage Style and their October Show Off Your Cottage Colors Party.

This month's color is Aqua.  Now, I am all about aqua.  Specifically the SEA in all it's glory and beauty that only the good Lord could have painted up for us. 

I love these white finger starfish.  I've added a vintage turquoise earring to this beauty.  I'm going to have hubby drill a hole in the top, add a ribbon and it can be an ornament!

I love this book.  It's a vintage book from 1952 that I found while thrifting.  It's a book of Psalms.  The cover is a dark blue and I've added a sheer ribbon and rose to it.  So pretty left out as decor or inspirational reading in your cottage!

Just love the vintage, yellowed and paper thin inside pages. 

Thanks to all of you who have thought of me or worried about me and sent along a note.  It warms my heart, truly!  My leg is really much better.  I am still nursing it and working towards total healing but I'm not in as much pain and I can get around much better now.

~Roselle

Joining up today with:
Etsy Cottage Style Cottage Colors Party

and a new party at The Vintage Farmhouse
Creative Things Thursday

11 comments:

Debbi said...

Roselle, I knew you would have something soft and pretty! Great idea for an ornament!

Mari said...

Hi Roselle, Your star fish ornie is just beautiful :) but I'm so loving your vintage bible :)
I'm so happy your getting better!!!
I have been having some health issue also ouch.....

Wanda said...

Nice to meet you and thanks for the visit,I like your blog so light and one can almost smell the sea air. TTFN

Rebecca said...

Hello my talented friend! Hope you are doing GREAT now! Loving your old Bible....

Thank you for visiting me!!!

xoRebecca

April said...

The starfish ornament idea is simply lovely. What a sweet little book!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
Oh, and we love the sea too. *sigh*
Have a happy day!
~april

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh it was so good to hear from you!! I pray for you every night andjust last night, I thought, I am sending that girl another message and then ....Here you were! So glad things are better and I love that your 10 year old was able to make the clay roses!!

Carol

romance-of-roses said...

Oh yes, I too like that starfish very much, it's lovely. Sorry to hear about your leg, good wishes go your way. Hugs...Lu...Thanks for visiting.

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Hi Roselle! That earring looks great in the middle! I'm loving the cath Kidston colors right now. I just made a garland in those colors and I love how it turned out!

I hope you're feeling all better real soon! ♥

A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Roselle...glad you are feeling better!

Love the touch of aqua on the starfish!!

Ginger said...

Love the starfish and the book is so romantic. So glad your leg is on the mend. We don't realize our blessings until something goes wrong. Praying for your complete recovery
Hugs

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Roselle,
I just popped over to say Happy Pink Saturday!!!
XO
Cindy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails