Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Going Crackers LOL

I am joining up today in my first linky party in FOREVER.
I thought the title of this post was appropriate since that is how I feel sometimes, lately.

If you read here regularly, you know I've been having some health issues.  They are being "worked on" and on top of them, I have a meniscus tear in my leg.  So I've been wearing a brace and aside from driving my 10 year old to and from school, I am housebound.

I have been catching up on some creating now that I'm not totally resting.  Being inside this much cramps my thrift shopping style.  LOL

The cracker tray and this sweet frame were both thrift store snags.  I love when I find an ornate frame this pretty WITH the glass.  I put the Heritage White paint to use and added vintage music sheet paper to the frame.  I have another one of these and I may or may not turn it into a chalkboard frame.
I thought this sweet ceramic bird was so cute.  I added a hand painted rose spray and a parchment rose to her crown.
She's so cute, I keep playing around with displaying her.
I finally got around to my thrift book stash and made up this bundle.  I usually leave the covers on and embellish them that way.  This was my first bunch that I took the covers off of.  I like the warm tones of this bundle, it feels like Fall.

Thanks to all who prayed for me, thought of me or sent good vibes.  Still working on some things but I'm doing much better these days.

~Roselle

Joining up with:

9 comments:

Ido said...

Hi Roselle, love how you transformed that ceramic bird, beautiful!
XXX Ido

Susan said...

It's good to see your post, Roselle. I do hope you are feeling better. In the meantime, it seems you are making the most of the housebound time. Your handiwork on these treasures is just lovely.
Happy WW,
Susan

Olivia said...

Hello my sugar sweet friend! Your treasures are just delightful! Remember to take a moment for yourself and also read the serenity prayer...sometimes when family issues pop up and you can't change it it is wiser to pass it on to the big guy above...easy to say huh? Well,prayers and hugs, I hope you are feeling better soon!
Hugs,
Olivia

sissie said...

Hi Roselle,
I've enjoyed looking at all your pretties. The little bird is so cute with the painted rose.

hugs
Sissie

Bella said...

Hi Roselle,
Glad to see you back and on the mend:-)
Love the sheet music backgrouded frame, I have a similiar project in my mind, if only I would sit down and empty out my thrifty find box, haha:-) Love your pretty book stack too, very nice for fall!
Hugs,
Bella

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Roselle, I was so worried about you after your last post. I wrote you about a week ago and never heard back...What a relief to hear all is moving along OK! So glad you are getting some crafting done, I love that frame and sheet music.

Carol

Shannon@FoxHollowCottage said...

Everything always looks so sweet and pretty. I hope you continue to heal. I have done the same thing to my knee. No fun :( Hurts like heck. Just remember to take help when it's offered and care for yourself. Feel better =)

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Oh your poor leg! I hope your treasures make you feel better!

I love your cracker tray and i wish I could find a frame like that! ♥

A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Roselle...happy to see you!
Being creative is a great outlet isn't it!
Take care!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails