Saturday, September 24, 2011

Romancing Pink

Today I'm sharing some sweet, romantic pinks.

  It seems like forever since I've blogged or visited.  I can't seem to get my act together since the end of summer.  A few health issues have been bogging me down, various family matters that need handling, kiddies, etc.  So slowly, I am getting back into the swing of things.  Ugh.

This was a recent thrift find.  Amazing to me since it was in such beautiful condition, so pretty and had PINK embroidery!!!  I couldn't believe it!

Speaking of beautiful, isn't she just the bees knees?  Another amazing thrift find.  I have coveted Josef Originals since I first laid eyes on the cutie, but have NEVER come across any in my shopping expeditions.  Couldn't believe I found her.  She's from the early 1960's.  Her condition is pretty good except for that little piece/nick out of her hat.
This ended up being a cutie after her makeover.  This was a vintage silver salt shaker.  I painted it pink and added a wee rose bud and some embellishments.  I love the way it turned out.
I've had this sign half done forever it seems.  My painting muse left the building.  Slowly she is returning.  I added hand painted roses and some parchment roses for more charm.  Even though this took me forever to finish, I'm happy with the end result.   Just wish I could get back in the painting groove.
Speaking of true love never ending, this is Riley (aka Boots) and Emma.  He's 3 and a rescue cat that thinks he's a dog.  She's almost 8 and still thinks she's a puppy.  These two are never far from each other and they melt my heart.

Well, that's all for today.
I have a Doctor's appointment on Monday.  If you can find it in you to send positive vibes, pray, keep me in your thoughts, I'd appreciate it.

xo
Roselle

Joining up with:


18 comments:

AshTreeCottage said...

Pretty pinks and Riley and Emma look so sweet together.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Oh I love that sign, Roselle! good job! I've been doing a little painting on pumpkins lately but I don't know how to do roses or anythign like that.

Praying for you! ♥

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Roselle,
Happy Pink Saturday!!! Wow, what gorgeous treasures and I adore that sign--perfection!

I just wish my cat and dog got along like yours...I have a little Maltese and he loves the cat, but she is a rescue cat and I have to be careful that she doesn't attack him...She's so sweet to me! (I wish she was sweet to him.)

I hope you have a great weekend.

XO
Cindy

Simply Debbie said...

Happy Pink Saturday Roselle,
I will put you at the top of my prayer list.
I, too love Josef cuties. They seem to be getting harder to find.
I am having a simple give away of a tag I made...I hope you can stop by.
I love your sign.
I will go visit your Etsy shop
Have a lovely weekend
hugs
Simply Debbie

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Riley and Emma ... so sweeet.
Hope you get back to 100% soon. I have had a case of the blahs etc. myself and need to get back with it.
So I will be praying for both of us !
(())

Tina Eudora said...

Beautiful vanity set Roselle and who doesn't love pink?
I have to say that my favorite photo is of Riley and Emma though. They look so comfortable and happy, what a pair they must be.
Have a very happy weekend...
Tina xo

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I hate that you have had a crummy weekend waiting for a Dr appointment! Good vibes and a quick prayer coming your way. I love your creations, but those fur babies melt my heart! Let us know that all is OK!

Carol

Jenni Swenson said...

I love your Josef figurine... I always wanted to collect them when I was a kid. Good luck with your appointment!

Shannon@FoxHollowCottage said...

Hope your doctors visit goes well and you only get good news =)
Sending out healty vibes!

Bella said...

Hi Roselle,
I always say it but you always find the good stuff:-)
Sorry you have been feeling bad, I'll keep you in my thoughts and send you a big cyber hug:-)
Hugs,
Bella

CraveCute said...

Love your pink vintage finds. Your puppy and kitty are so cute together! Sending warm and healthy thoughts your way!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Beautiful things-lovely post!

Jann Olson said...

Hi Roselle,
Beautiful pinks! Your sign turned out lovely. As usual, your painting is gorgeous. Love, love the cat and dog thing going on. Too cute! Don't know what your health problem is, but you will be in my prayers.
Just wanted to let you know that I received your e-mail saying that the give away had been mailed a week and a half ago. Still have not received it yet. Starting to worr, should it take this long? Hope it's not lost. Good luck at the Dr's.

pinkkandy said...

Happy pinkness...Happy Autumn....I am so excited for Fall, I know you are too !!It just makes me want to cozy up...enjoy your week-end!
God Bless You
Kandy

Susan said...

Hello Roselle!
I said some prayers for you and hope your Dr. appt. went okay. Don't apologize for not blogging, especially if you haven't felt well. This is a crazy time of year with school starting and we all need a break sometimes. :)
Thanks so much for your kind comment on my new etsy store. I've added you to my circle, too!
I love these pink treasures you found in this post.
Take care,
Susan

Olivia said...

Hello sweet friend! Wow~ I am in love with that sign...all your treasures are gorgeous but that sign hits home for me!
Hugs,
Olivia

trumatter said...

This is amazing. I love the little salt shaker.

Jann Olson said...

Hi Roselle,
Hope your doing well! Just wanted to let you know that I received the package. Than you so much! I posted about it. Check out my "It's a Bling Thing" post when you get a chance.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails