Wednesday, June 29, 2011

White Kitchen

This blog post began all because of this simple beauty.  This past weekend, my darlings danced in their annual dance recital.  Naturally, dancers get their bouquets at the end of each show :)  I plucked this pale rose from the bouquet and placed it in this milk pitcher.
It is so simple and pretty.  It sits on my stove and catches my eye every time I walk into the kitchen.
Here it is.  Keeping it real with the ugly black burners.  LOL 
This is one of three counters in my kitchen.  I will share the rest on another day.  Right now my painting supplies and "to be finished" pieces are scattered about so no sharing today!  You see, this is where I create.  In this space. 
I love my white cabinets.  They have a tinge of pink to them.   I love having space at the top to display pretties.  The shelves on the right are a favorite too.  Pretty much every little treasure you see displayed here is either vintage thrift, upcycled or painted by me. 
Another favorite spot.  My COFFEE pot.  Coffee...ambrosia to the GODS.  LOL
The doorway on the left leads to the front door and dining room.  You can see the pillar (one of two) on the left.  Love that feature of this house.  The dining room, not so much.  I am in a funk with that and hope to someday paint the furniture white (it's a pale oak now).  Just need the time and inspiration! 
Thanks for visiting today!
~Roselle

Joining up with:


11 comments:

Suzann said...

Love your rose in your kitchen...love your kitchen too!!!
I miss having space above the cabinets to display things, hopefully next place I move to will have them.
Enjoy your day!!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

Ozma of Odds said...

...your graceful, "dancing rose" is a very charming touch ~ just perfect for your sweet "seaside rose" cottage kitchen!

xo, Rosemary

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Lovely rose...so charming! The elegance is everywhere. Thanks for sharing. Beautiful blog.
Hope to see you on my site:)

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

I thought I noticed a hint of pink :) Very nice.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh, how beautiful, Roselle. And so fun because now I can picture where you're at! I hope the girls really enjoyed their dance recitals--Did you get pics? I know it must have been so awesome for you to see them dancing across the stage!

I loved hearing about your memories--and they sounded like mine! Only instead of the Yankees, we were listening to the Angels...Oh how my dad loved baseball!

Wishing you a Happy 4th of July weekend!!!
Love,
Cindy

Susan said...

Lovely flower in that spot to cheer you Roselle. Your heart potholders are too adorable!
What a cute kitchen. Keep us posted on your dining room. I'm sure you can transform it to suit your style some day. :)
- Susan

Olivia said...

Oh my heavens! Love your pretty kitchen and the pretty pink tinge is just perfect! I do believe if we were neighbors we would be best friends! LOL. I love coffee too!
Happy fourth.
big hugs,
Olivia

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love your kitchen, I can see the hint of pink and I am so jealous you have a gas stove! The rose is so pretty, bet you had fun at the recitals!

Happy 4th
Carol

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Good morning Roselle,
What a pretty rose and your kitchen is looking pretty in a delicate pinky white! I really like the display shelf on the end of the cabinet. Love the view of the pillar too. Wishing you a Happy Pink Fourth of July weekend and thanks for your visit.

Blessings,
Sandi

Denise at PinkPostcard. said...

What a pretty and relaxing space. Thanks for linking up to Transformations and Treasures!

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Roselle~
Just stopped by to say "hey" and hope you're having a great summer!!

Xo
Cindy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails