Thursday, June 2, 2011

Rustic Climbing Roses

These sweet cabbage roses are from my backyard.  I love arranging them in vintage creamers.  That is my new mission.  Whenever I thrift, I find pretty little porcelain creamers to use as mini vases all over our home.

I love the different heights of each one allowing for different types of arrangements.   These blooms aren't red although they seem that way in these indoor pics.  They are more a dark pink, not quite magenta.
This is our rose bush.  It sits against the deck and the pretty blooms peek thru and I can see them from inside my house.
Peeking thru the deck.
More peeking.  I picked these to put in the little creamers.  See the holes in the leaves?  I guess some little bug or something had a snack.  Oh well.

I love the rustic feel of the pretty blooms against the weathered deck.  My husband wants to paint this deck and we go back and forth every year.  I like it natural like this.
Pretty buds waiting their turn to open.

Have a great day!
~Roselle
Linking up today with:

8 comments:

Fishtail Cottage said...

Wow that rose color is so vibrant! Gorgeous blooms! thanks for sharing at Cottage Flora Thursday's! xoxo, tracie

Willow said...

Your roses are so pretty. I need to find me a place in my garden to put one so I can buy a rose bush.

Lululiz said...

The roses are beautiful, and they look fabulous in the little creamers.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

They are gorgeous, I would love to get some rose bushes, I just don't have a green thumb, but I would love them in the house...OK maybe I will just have to do that!

Carol

Cat & Cricket said...

Roselle~ your roses look beautiful!!
It was a good year for them here!
Smiles~
Cat

A Cottage Muse said...

Simple beauty at it's best!!

tina said...

what a beautiful roses! i love it!
have a nice day,tina

Denise at PinkPostcard. said...

so pretty! I wish I had some roses in my yard to pick for pretty arrangements! thanks for linking up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails