Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pretty Frames

I haven't blogged or visited in forever!  Crazy time of year for us here and throw in a few "life curve balls" and time slips away.  Anyway, in between the craziness around here I've been finishing up or creating new pretties.
I finally got on the chalk board paint bandwagon.  I got this beauty at Home Goods.  It was a putrid silver color and I gave it the old Heirloom White treatment.  I painted up the glass using chalkboard paint.  I am still on the fence.  I was thinking this would be cute in a cottage kitchen or for a wedding to welcome guests.  But the vintage lovin girl in me thinks I  might like a vintage piece of sheet music inside instead.  What do ya think?
This was a crusty old brown little frame I found thrifting.  I love the little wired sections.  Reminds me of windows in fairy tales.  LOL  I used a sheet music graphic from The Graphics Fairy under the glass.  I think this is so charming and sweet.
This was another Home Goods score.  It is a shadow box.  It even has chic muslin inside to attach the push pins to.  I added a faux crystal knob to open the pretty frame. Love the scrolly cut out part.
It can be hung vertically or horizontally.  I think it's even pretty sitting on a flat surface holding keepsakes other than pictures or cards.  A real conversation piece.

So that's all I have today.  I'm going to be busy until next week.  My 2 girls' annual dance recital is this weekend and beginning tomorrow, we will be spending our days/nites in rehearsals.

I will visit when I can and I look forward to it....I miss my blog friends and all their inspirations!

~Roselle

Joining up with link parties:

10 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh--these are beyond gorgeous!!! WOW!!
XO
Cindy

Ido said...

The first frame is sooooo pretty!
Have a great day!
XXX Ido

Trisha said...

All of these are just so pretty! You have definitely been a busy lady!!

~Trisha

sissie said...

Hi Roselle,
I love the touches you added to the frames. I think you should keep the first piece as a chalk board. Very cute.

hugs
Sissie

A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Roselle...I love that pedestal frame!!! Have fun at the recital!

Elyse said...

hi roselle,

i have a hunch that summer will find many of us bloggers behind on visits and posts. i know i am!

nice repurposing jobs on each frame. looks like you had fun. :)

happy summer. hope all is well.

xo
elyse

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

Roselle,
These are just beautiful! I have to get me some of the chalkboard paint!!

hugs,
Debbie

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Well done! They turned out beautifully.

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Roselle,
I hope the girls enjoy their dancing!!! I'm still in love with that gorgeous chalkboard!!!
XO
Cindy

very merry vintage style said...

I love the pedestal chalkboard. All your projects turned out great--gotta love paint! Thanks so much for linking to Share the Love Wednesday; hope you'll be back this week!
Mary

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails