Thursday, June 9, 2011

Gorgeous White Thrifts

We are on day two of a major heat wave.  Today, the inside of my car read 103! 
Despite the heat, errands must be run.   I hadn't been thrifting in a while so I hit a few in my travels this week.
I didn't plan this, honestly.  Couldn't have if I tried!  Everything I happily purchased was white!  I got a few wood pieces too but right now they are in the process of being painted (you guessed it) white!
This GORGEOUS butter house was a whopping 1.00!  Unfortunately, there is no bottom.  I am now on the hunt for a ceramic, rectangular dish to place it on.  It's definitely an antique, bone china and made in Germany.  Just so beautiful. 
I was happy to get these for 50 cents for the pair.  Love these milk glass candle holders to add to my growing milk glass collection.  All of the collection has been a thrift purchase.  Fun to keep finding those treasures!
I have more teacups than I need, for sure.  But this was in perfect condition and I loved the gold leafing on the handle.  Roses and white and it was sold!  It was 50 cents.  I am going to plant a tiny flowering plant in it.  Just not sure what yet.  Any suggestions?
This beauty was brass and I painted it before I took a before pic .  I am too impatient!  LOL  I love this.  I have been on the lookout for a plateau vanity mirrored tray but this sweet lipstick holder will do for now.
Hope you enjoyed my whites today.

~Roselle

I am linking up with these parties:



11 comments:

Michelle@ A Full Cottage said...

Love your finds! I have a growing milk glass collection too!! I would love to find a lipstick holder like yours.

:) Michelle

LV said...

The weather was hot and so was your buying. You found some nice vintage things. White is always good. So clean and fresh looking.

Rebecca said...

I love that butter dish-all great finds though! Have a great weekend!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

Great finds and I can't wait to see your finished projects!!

hugs,
Debbie

Jann Olson said...

Send a little of that heat our way. Not quite 103 though. We have record cold here in Ut. Very nice whites. Love the butter dish. Good luck finding a bottom. You know, white is a cooling color. Hope it works.

A Cottage Muse said...

Roselle you found some stunners!!

very merry vintage style said...

You found some fabulous things. I find myself in "collecting streaks" too... all the same color, or a new collection, etc.. Thrifting is fun! Thanks for linking to Share the Love Wednesday!
Mary

A Few Pennies said...

Lovely things you found; I, too, love milk glass and seem to find little urns and vases all the time now.

Butterbean Row said...

I was immediately drawn to your white treasures. You sure have found some goodies. very pretty images!

Holly- Girls At Heart said...

Enjoy the heat. I'm wearing a jacket right now!

what fun finds! I hardly ever find teacups that I really like anymore but yours is really cute! I haven't had much sucsess with planting flowers in cups- it only looks good for a couple days but any small flower with a small root system would do. ♥

Debbie said...

Great finds! I found a vanity lipstick holder and wished I grabbed it when I saw it... of coure, when I went back it was sold.

I enjoyed visiting your blog!

~Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails