Tuesday, May 10, 2011

White Ironstone and Milkglass

I bought this bowl and pitcher at a flea market when I was 19.  It's no longer there.  Long since turned into a jug handle (that would be a u-turn for those not living in NJ LOL).  It was the kind of flea market that we would LOVE to visit now.  True junk treasures.  The kind of flea market that was almost a huge garage sale.  No tables filled with knock off purses and sun glasses.  Just true junque!  I find it funny that I was junkin even in my teens.  It's in my blood!  LOL

I am not sure if this is ironstone or not.  I wouldn't even know how to go about finding out.  So, if someone knows, can you give me a clue?

I love how this looks next to the blue wall in our playroom.
This chippy white shelf was a steal, IMO.  I got it at one of my favorite gift boutiques.  It was the perfect shape, already chippy and white.  I paid 30.00 for it and I think it was so worth it!
I got each of these for 1.00 each!  LOVE the shape of the handles on these adorable cups.  I am going to hang hooks on my kitchen cupboard and hang these cuties.
I love the swirls on these too.  I've never seen handles like these, have you?

~Roselle

Linking up with:

5 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh--I love it all!! And SO perfect for White Wednesday!!!
XO
Cindy

Faded Charm said...

I've always loved milkglass. I used to have a whole hutch full of it. I don't have it displayed right at the moment, but it is in a cupboard and I use many pieces when I entertain.

I'll email you in the morning...long day and off to bed:)

Kathleen

Lululiz said...

I love the shape of the pitcher!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I like your pitcher, Roselle! It does look wonderful next to the blue wall! Love the corner shelf too. Thanks for your visit. It's always a pleasure to hear from you. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Susan said...

Such lovelies, Roselle! So cute that you were junquing at 19.
Happy WW,
Susan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails