Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Upcycled Whites

Today I'm sharing thrifty upcycled finds.  My creative muse visited me today and I actually finished up everything I am sharing today.  It was all base coated, I just had to paint and add pretties.  It was a fun day for creating!
This vintage oil can got a makeover and now it's a cute little decorative piece.  There is a hole in the top, so I may even turn it into a photo holder.  Painted with Heirloom white and then I added my hand painted roses, vintage seam binding, fibers and forget-me-nots.

This piece was a vintage textile spool.  I coupled it with a little wooden base, again used Heirloom white and added a paper rose and vintage seam binding.  I like it as a ring holder.

Here's a vintage shaker jar that I've filled with pink buttons.  I painted the lid and added tiny rose buds.


This sweet shell shaped china piece (made in Japan) was too cute to pass up and at 25 cents, the price was right!  It's in perfect condition.  I coupled it with a little gold tone base.  I think it makes a cute ring holder or maybe a soap holder.

Beautiful pink and blue roses and gold edging.

This is a shaker that is made to look like a Ball jar.  I painted the lid white, added pretty torn and tattered ribbon and there you have a gorgeous shaker. 

God Bless America!

Thanks for visiting me today.  Love hearing from you!

~Roselle

Linking up with:
 Faded Charm's White Wednesday
Wednesday @ Tea Rose Home
Very Merry Vintage Style's Share The Love Wednesday
Pink Postcard's Transformations and Treasures
No Minimalist Here's Open House Party

19 comments:

Bella said...

Hi Roselle,
What goodies you have created! I love the vintage shaker, I am crazy about those little paper flowers, I put them everywhere in the spring:-) and I love your whimsical hand painted roses, they are the perfect topper :-))
Hugs,
Bella

Bohemian said...

I love your sweet upcycled makeovers! Your Tole Roses are so Romantic.

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Char said...

Very sweet, you have been a busy girl and I love your roses. Lots to see and admire in here today, Char

Elyse said...

look at that oil can! amazing! lots of sweet ideas here, roselle!

xo
elyse

Amanda said...

Hi Roselle!
What beautiful creations and to think you did all that in one day! I use Heirloom White paint as well..it's the perfect creamy white! I wish I knew how to paint pretty little roses...they add such a lovely touch to your projects!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

The Cranky Queen said...

I am your newest follower. Like your crafts that you made and shared, My fav is the salt & pepper. I invite u to visit me at The Cranky Queen, a mix of decorating, crafting, junking, thrifting, antiquing and family, friends & pets. Tiff

Ido said...

I love your creations! I wonder if you could send the creative muse this way, I really need her.
Have a fantastic day!
XXX ido

Pamela said...

Very pretty creations Roselle!
I love your new banner too!
Pamela xo

very merry vintage style said...

Beautiful painting of the rose. My favorite is the shaker with buttons in it. Thanks for linking to my Share the Love link party!
Mary

The Polka Dot Closet said...

LOve them all, you know this is right up my alley!! I just found 8 of those little salt shakers yesterday and was going to do some altering!! I was going to fill them with glitter, but buttons are a great idea!

Carol

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Love your little cuties. Thanks for visiting me.

Theresa said...

Hi Roselle! Thanks for stopping by today, your oilcan is pretty with your hand painted roses on it. I haven't gotten a paintbrush out to do that kind of painting is so long, you have me inspired to clean the glue off of it and get busy! xoxox

blossoms vintage chic said...

Hi Roselle, Thank you so much for your kind words and for visiting my blog. I'm loving yours as well...you are so creative! The shaker jar is my fav...love the rosebuds!
Wishing you a lovely Mother's Day!
xoxo
Debbie

white life© said...

It‘s so nice that I found your blog about your link at Faded Charm. Of course I’ve scrolled a little and like what I see. Now I’m your new follower! ;)

Take care
Tine

Faye said...

Really pretty pieces! The shaker with the pink rosebuds and buttons and the oil can are my favorite. You are so creative!
Faye

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Thanks so much for your recent visit and your kind comments.

I so love your take on the upcycled items. Your painting of tiny rosebuds makes it all look so sweet! Especially love the pretty shaker filled with buttons.

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

These are all so pretty and clever! I like the shaker with the sweet pink buttons the best!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh, Roselle, these are all gorgeous!!! And your blog header is amazing too!!! WOW!

Happy Mother's Day! and HPS!
XO
Cindy

Sachiko said...

Your creations are so pretty! Thank you for linking to my party.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails