Monday, May 23, 2011

Blue Roses-Vintage China Plate

I got this gorgeous Made In Japan dinner sized china at a little church thrift store.  It was $1.00.  There was a bunch of these plates but you know how that goes.    I am running out of room and feel like a hoarder as it is.  But I will say, I am regretting not getting more.  The pattern is so pretty.  I don't usually come across blue roses.


It's just gorgeous.  So feminine and elegant.  Oh well.  My loss is someone else's gain, right?

Of course, I couldn't stop myself from adding the plate to a vintage candle stick holder (25 cents at the hospital thrift store)  to make a cake server.  I love this piece!

Linking up today with Between Naps On The Porch Metamorphis Monday
Southern Hospitality's Today's Thrifty Treasures
Smiling Sally's  Blue Monday.



Make it a good one!

~Roselle

17 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh Roselle I just love the plate! I love the way you've repurposed it too.

Hugs XX
Barbara

SmilingSally said...

I love those delicate blue roses. Thanks for sharing your blues.

Happy 1st Blue Monday, Roselle.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It is a delicate, pretty pattern Roselle! I know I've regretted not purchasing a few things when I've had the chance over the years. I think you might enjoy it even more as a cake stand though! Good idea to use it that way.

Kim, USA said...

The pattern is so pretty! Nice to see cake on top of it. ^_^

Indigo bunting

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, this is GORGEOUS! The perfect Blue Monday treat!!!
XO
Cindy

LV said...

You found some pretty dishes with nice blue trim. That was a good price for them.

chubskulit said...

You have beautiful blue this week!

Hope you can find time to peek at my blues, thanks a bunch!

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

Very Pretty, I am always picking up dishes with flowers or birds.

Vintagesouthernlife said...

So pretty! I have a hard time passing up pretty dishes and vintage linens.
Happy Blue Monday!

peaceroad said...

Nice china! Happy Blue Monday to you and have a wonderful week hunting more treasures.

Clavel said...

Happy BM! sorry for the late visit. mine is here sis! : http://clavsupclose.blogspot.com/2011/05/blue-monday.html
clavs

A Cottage Muse said...

Absolutely beautiful cake plate!!

tina said...

adorable plate!

Ido said...

I love your cake stand, I've seen them at craft shows everywhere, I wonder how they get glued together, is there a special glue for china and glass? Thank you for sharing your creations and have a wonderful Memorial weekend!
XXXX Ido

Sares said...

It's beautiful. As much as I love pink, blue calls out to me too! Thanks for coming by and entering my cottage giveaway. Hope you're having a great weekend!

Rebecca said...

Totally awesome find my friend. LOVE IT! Reminds me of my sissy's dinnerware. Gorgeous!

Thank you for your sweet words today and sharing your heart with mine!

xoRebecca

Kristy Beins said...

Could you possibly give me the pattern or manufacturers name? I believe that is my mother's pattern and I am desperately trying to get more information on it. My heart leaped when I saw the picture.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails