Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Whites Feathering My Nest

I'm cleaning up around here.  Organizing, purging, packing things away, etc.  The sun is shining so I thought I'd take some pics of our living room and share.  This is our entertainment center.  I love this white washed piece.  The two glass pieces come away from the center piece and you can then have two separate cabinets.  That is next on the agenda after we get a new couch. 
The top of this piece is great for displaying.  Right now it holds a vintage fan, two wood birdcages, and some candle holders.  Those ugly gray boxes?  My husband's contribution to the decor -- speakers.  'Nuff said.
This is the back wall.  It faces opposite my kitchen.  The little back door opens onto the deck.  See how the walls are a sage green on this wall?  I HATE THIS.  The rest of the room is that pretty mocha color.  Our house has an open floor plan and that's the kitchen color.  I thought I'd bring the two rooms together and I liked it for awhile but now I don't.  Next on the list, after a few furniture makeovers will be painting this wall so the entire room matches. 
I love this frame with the lavender sachet inside.  It sits on my fireplace mantle with the rest of my flea market finds.
I love this little table.   I rescued it from a thrift shop.  I love the spindly legs.  It has a faux crystal drawer pull with another sachet (a favorite of mine) hanging off it.  The sewing machine drawer has my hand painted roses on it.  That candle holder was a gift froma friend and holds a faux electric candle (love those!). See that dang green wall again?  LOL
My white secretary holding vintage style glittery houses.

I'm joining up today with Faded Charm's White Wednesday.  Go check it out and view all the white eye candy!

xo
Roselle

14 comments:

Victoria said...

Your white cabinet is beautiful! I love your green wall but then again, I'm a big fan of sage green!

Susan said...

Just love your white entertainment cabinet, and all your other whites and pretty displays. Such eye candy here!
Happy WW,
Susan

Pamela said...

That entertainment center is gorgeous Roselle!!! They are often ugly brown wood..so nice to see a romantic shabby style one!
Love the secretary too...so sweet!!

Pamela ox

Barbara Jean said...

What a beautiful room! So bright, and yet peaceful. Love the white cabinet!

blessings
barbara jean

Sunny Simple Life said...

It is all so lovely and bright. I really like all the white decor out there now. I think I need some of it.

Elyse said...

hi roselle,

so many lovely pieces!

i have a speaker problem, too, only ours are big, brown and bulky. you can see one of them on my most recent post. LOL!!! has anyone invented "speaker cozies"?

xo
elyse

Shirl said...

Hello, Happy Pink Saturday! I'm still making PS visits. Love your pink post this week. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment.
I wish you peace! Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Beautiful white entertainment center. I love your mocha walls but I'm liking the sage, too! I'm actually thinking of painting my laundry room a pale sage. Love your little spindley leg table ~ you can always find a place for those sweet accent tables! Your sewing machine drawer is also very pretty. I've got the exact same Easter Church and yellow bottle brush tree!

Happy WW!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Miss Gracie's House said...

Gorgeous! So many pretty things...Happy WW!
Rene

Ido said...

Gorgeous whites, love that entertainment center!
Have a great day!
XXX Ido

Holly- Girls At Heart said...

Oh! I'm so glad you rescued that little table! Very cute! ♥

Caroline said...

Very pretty whites...I'm working on my purging and organizing too.

Heaven's Walk said...

Hey Roselle! What an awesome cabinet!!!! Luv the distressing on it! Your room is so sweet looking - but I can see why you want to kick that green wall to the curb! lol! Have fun painting it! I know you'll love it! :) Happy WW!

xoxo laurie

Cottage Touch said...

Sun we had a little yesterday and it was 80!Today back to rain for days!I am still making rounds for W.W.Thank you for sharing,beautiful blog and post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails