Tuesday, April 19, 2011

White Wednesday


I'm sharing this vintage ash tray today for White Wednesday.

My Sister-In-Law knows my love of vintage, treasure hunting and recycling.  Whenever she comes across something when she's cleaning out the family closets, basement or garage, she will pass it along to me for rescuing.


This ash tray just cracks me up.  First, it's huge.  It's heavy.  It's oh so Mad Men Chic.  I LOVE the show Mad Men.  I love the clothes, the vibe, the era, the music, the girdles, the shoes, the hats, Jon Hamm.  You get the picture.

I did do a little research on this.  It's was made by a company called California Originals and the bottom is marked.  The California Originals Pottery Company was in business from the 1940's to the early 1980's. 

This art deco piece is in my shop.    I will say though, it looks kinda cute on my coffee table. 

Linking up with Faded Charm's White Wednesday.
Pink Postcard's Transformations and Treasures
~Roselle

4 comments:

Susan said...

SO retro cool Roselle!
Happy WW!
- Susan

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

LOL it is Mad Men chic. I am visiting from Faded Charm's White Wednesday.

Pamela said...

This is a really cool ashtray!! You don't see this kind of thing in people's homes anymore!!

Denise at PinkPostcard. said...

yes! very mad-menish! :) too bad Jon Hamm doesn't come with it! LOL! thanks for sharing at Transformations and Treasures!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails