Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cottage Flora

The weather is still too cold and unpredictable here for us to plant.  My hubby has been raking and cleaning out the flower beds.  He added mulch to a few last week.  I am just slowly filling up a few of my container gardens.  This is a rusty old bike planter that I always fill with seasonal flowers.  In the fall a pot of mums sits inside.
I adore Pansies.  I think they have "happy faces".  I love this weathered mini chair that holds my pansies.  I  think the Daffodil is admiring the Pansies too.
It's so windy here today, you can see how it's blowing the Daffodils to the side. 

I love garden flags.  I have a few scattered here and there but this little cutie is my favorite.  It stands only about 12 inches high.  It's adorable down by the mailbox bed.  I am going to pick up a few more to scatter around the front yard.  I love how they look blowing in the wind.

That's my share for today.

Joining up with Tracie at Fishtail Cottage for Cottage Flora Thursday.

~Roselle

11 comments:

Darla said...

Cute container holders...ever thought about painting the container that sits in the tricycle?

Joani said...

Love the pansies. Have a great day.

Petite Michelle Louise said...

pansies are such a sure sign of spring (even if you have to purchase them!) Still waiting for spring blooms here in MA as well. tfs! :)

Victoria said...

Your flowers are gorgeous and I love your rusty bike planter! Very cute:)

Thank you for stopping by my blog. My father in law and hubby made the shelf with the mason jar, I'd seen them on Etsy but they were upwards of $40 plus shipping...too expensive for me! I buy my lavender from Etsy, here's the shop link
http://www.etsy.com/shop/paulajeansgarden
Her lavender is amazing, she grows it all herself!

Marie said...

Very pretty flower beds! I love the little containers and that bike is too cute!


Happy Cottage Flora Thursdays and Happy Easter!
-Marie

Becca's Dirt said...

Love the trike and the chair. Have a great weekend.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I t's so hot here in Orlando 93 today, hard to believe it is still to cool for you to plant! I used spray chalkboard paint on a light weight board from home depot called luan? spelling? WW down 21, I just keep plugging away, glad to hear you are back in the swing of things. I was looking at your last post and I love the Mad Men ashtray!!

Carol

The Hopeless Romantic said...

Ur pansies are adorable, love the bike container. I need to do some sprucing up here really soon too. Thank u so much for stopping by and following, and ur sweet comments on my blog............see u around blogland, Bonnie

Fishtail Cottage said...

Oh, i adore your bike! Thanks so much for linking up to Cottage Flora Thursday's! xoxo, tracie

Ginger said...

Hi Roselle,
That is the cutest little tricycle planter, how sweet. Wish we could get some rain here, so dry cant even plant flowers.

Check out my post, Tammy gave me another tea party. Thursday weigh in was only 1 lb down, but at least its down. Have a wonderful Easter friend.
Hugs
Ginger

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh, what a darling planter!!! I love it!!!
XO

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails