Wednesday, March 16, 2011

White Thrift Finds

I've been on a thrifting roll this week.  Sometimes that happens.  One little place I frequent (a church thrift store) was having a half off sale.  SHUT.UP!!!   LOL

I am in love with these vintage textile spools.  The wool was still on them.  I just added some vintage creamy white lace and voila....vintage love!

I rarely come across china or porcelain that I keep for myself and never a creamer as pretty as this.  Made in Poland!  White, roses and sweet.  It is mine.  I treated myself to a rosebud with baby's breath and it is sitting on my kitchen counter now pretty as can be.  Makes me smile while I wait for my OWN roses and other spring flowers to bloom!


Here's the front view of this sweet creamer.  I am loving the gold edging on the top!

This pretty resin frame is pretty big.  Measures about 12 inches.  It has clay roses attached.  It's already white but I'm going to give it a fresh coat of Heritage white and add a pretty fabric or sheet music inside the frame.

Joining up today with Faded Charm's White Wednesday.
Pink Postcard's Wednesday Party Transformations and Treasures
Savvy Southern Style's Wow Us Wednesday
Elements Interior's Whassup Wednesday

Make it a great day!
~Roselle

15 comments:

Holly- Girls At Heart said...

Hi, Roselle! Your made in Poland pitcher almost matches my made in Poland bowl! I LOVE to find stuff like that for cheap! It gives me a little thrill- much more so than buying something new! ♥

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

Roselle,
That is one sweet pitcher!!

I love the frame too! Very pretty!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Susan said...

Lucky girl! Terrific treasures you found. Enjoy,
Susan

Char said...

Hi Roselle, I saw your vintage spindles and just had to tell you that I have many of those goodies. I use them to make tassels with. Love them. Your tresures are wonderful, Char

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh, Roselle, I love everything...those spindles are amazing!!!
XO

Diane Mars said...

You sure scored on some beautiful Vintage Treasures~ Hugs, Diane

Pamela said...

Hi Roselle!

Very pretty finds!!
Thanks for your wonderful comments on my blog and following me!
Yes Stevie rocks doesn't she?!
Pamela xo

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

LOVE THIS! Come on ova' and link up to my Linky Party! xoxokara


*ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I LOVE thrift finds! I'm becoming addicted to searching for treasures! Love the sweet little creamer...just perfect! ♥

A Cottage Muse said...

Love those sweet spools!!

Janet said...

Those are all such great finds! The vintage spools are so unique!
Blessings,
Janet

Amy said...

hi Roselle
I just received your comment about the etsy button.
I tried to go get the info for you but it seems that etsy has taken it off their site, I couldn't find the link anywhere. They used to have it under sellers tools but I don't see that link any longer.
If I stumble upon it I will contact you.
Sorry :(

Jillian said...

Great finds! I want to find a church thrift sale. :0)

Betsy said...

I love the sound of half off. Your little creamer is so pretty and those spools look cute with the lace you tied around them.

Denise at PinkPostcard. said...

I think some of those thrift shops that are in places you wouldn't expect are the BEST places to find treasures! Our library has a thrift shop that I find all kinds of goodies in :) Love that pitcher- so pretty. Thanks for linking this up at Transformations and Treasures!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails