Friday, March 18, 2011

Vintage Three Legged Chair

This week, I found a new little consignment shop that opened.  They had a cute little side table that was painted the perfect sea green.  I went in the shop for the little table and I found THIS three legged chair.  OMG!  LOL  It's a Cinderella chair!  Anyone familiar with the movie remember the chair next to the fire place?  Well, this was just too cute and the price was right so it came home with me.  I mean, it's the perfect creamy white, shabbied up a tad, has a gorgeous French inspired floral seat cushion and it fits perfect with my decor. 

I have no clue if this was handmade or not.  I bet you can't guess how much I paid for it.  How much would you pay for it?
I can tell you that I've paid MORE for vintage treasures that required repair, painting and way more work than this!

I'm thinking this seat was recently recovered because this is a brand spanking new cover.   So pretty!

I have been having fun moving it around my house trying to figure out where it will stay.
Oh and I paid $19.99 for it!  I don't know, I think it was a steal!

Have a great weekend friends!

Joining up today with:

My Romantic Home's Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage's Feathered Nest Friday
Common Ground's Vintage Inspiration Friday
Brambelberry Cottage's Time Travel Thursday
The Charm of Home's Home Sweet Home Friday

10 comments:

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

What a great little chair and the fabric is oh, so pretty! It was a steal at $19.99!

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

What a cute, funny, unique little chair! I love the cover :) Did you get the table??
Hugs,
Amy

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

Roselle,
I think this is so cute!! I have one that is begging to be redone. It was used in one of the churches that have been closed down here for lack of enough Catholic priests. My MIL bought it for $5.00 at a church Sale. Seeing yours gives me lots on inspiration to do something with mine. i will have to "dabble' and see what i can come up with!!

Hugs.,
Debbie

A Cottage Muse said...

What a sweet find Roselle!

Ten minutes ago I saw him...we murmured our how do you do's....

Loved that movie!!

Olivia said...

Hello sweet friend! Sometimes you just gotta splurge! I think if it made your heart sing go for it! So happy to visit with you.
Hugs,
Olivia

Olivia said...

Hello sweet friend! Sometimes you just gotta splurge! I think if it made your heart sing go for it! So happy to visit with you.
Hugs,
Olivia

Holly- Girls At Heart said...

Way to go Cinderella! :)

Sherry said...

What a sweet little chair. Your right it is right out of Cinderella. Very nice find. Thanks fro linking up!
Sherry

Susan said...

I just found your blog!! I love all your wonderful treasures!

Brambleberry Cottage said...

It WAS a steal, Roselle! And it is sooo cute. I really like the fact that it required NO EXTRA WORK. All of my purchases seem to include loads of redo. ;)

Thanks for linking to the party. I love having you join me.

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails