Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pink Valentine...

Even though we have over a foot of snow on the ground and we expect more on Tuesday, I am TRYING to get organized and creative and think ahead to Valentine's Day. Between storms, sick kiddies and just life being what it can be sometimes (crazy), I have managed to put together a few things. No where NEAR where my creative muse wants to take me but it's a start. Last year, I was thrifting for vintage sheet music to craft with. I found and bought these two beautiful vintage sheet music books. They called to my pink loving heart. Loved them so much I even made my blog header out of the picture! LOL The little wooden heart is so sparkly and sweet. I painted it pink, added one of my handpainted roses and glittered her all up. Then I added a parchement rose and bow (I'm addicted to parchment roses). I wish the pictures would show just how glittery it really is.
I was so excited when I found this bottle brush wreath in one of my favorite haunts. I was so sad there weren't others. I dressed her up with a pink bow and parchment rose. Gotta love the vintage style tinsel garland I used for the hanger. The little wooden sign was another fun find in one of my favorite shops. I added hand painted buds, ribbon, forget-me-nots and a parchment rose.
Just a small sampling of my goodies for Valentine's Day.
Linking up with:
Enjoy :)
Roselle

14 comments:

Susan said...

So pretty in pink! I love the wreath. Makes me excited for Valentine's day!
- Susan

Suzanne said...

Roselle, you are so talented! I need to stop by your shop and grab a few of your goodies for myself. So Sorry to hear about the sick kids. Hope everyone gets healthy son. Enjoy the snow for me in boring Florida:)
Suzanne

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

So very pretty!!

Hugs,
Debbie

tina said...

wonderful

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Roselle, your pinks are lovely; especially love the bottle brush wreath! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your sweet comment. Have a beautiful day and a belated Happy Pink Saturday to you!

Blessings,
Sandi

A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Roselle! I just adore your header...it is beautiful! I have been busy making some Valentine treasures for my booth too. And unfortunately we are in for some snow on Wednesday...yuk!

Ginger said...

That is such a beautiful sheet music cover. I love it. And don't you just love the little bottle brush wreaths. They are hard to find. Love, love, love your designs.

Hugs
G

Elyse said...

hi roselle,

everything is always so soft and pretty here!

hope you're enjoying the snow. we're supposed to get some tomorrow night but i'm skeptical. we'll see.

happy creating!

xo
elyse

ps
thanks so much for your fun comment on my blog. we "you've got mail" fans are a fun bunch! :)

Mari said...

HELLO ROSELLE :)

LOVE YOUR ITEMS FOR ONE OF MY FAV HOLIDAYS VALENTINES DAY :)

I HAVE BEEN MIA LATELY DUE TO A VERY BAD COLD :( BUT FINALLY I'M STARTING TO FEEL BETTER :) THANKS FOR ASKING SWEETIE! ALSO I HAVE BEEN ON THE DOWN SIDE BECAUSE OF MY COUSIN CINDY!! BUT IM PRAYING THIS YEAR WILL BE MUCH BETTER!

HUGLETS~XOXO~MARI

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love the wreath. Thanks for stopping, it is so funny, I think everyone has that light fixture. I saw where one blogger had figured out how to take the big round globe at the bottom off, I did not mess with it, but just a thought!

Carol

House Revivals said...

Such sweet treasures! I'm loving that pink bottle brush wreath -- just darling!
~Amanda

Colleen @ MuralMaker&More said...

Absolutely darling! Both the sign and the wreath, but I love seeing other artist's work.

If you like paper whites (narcissus) I should have a tutorial up tomorrow.

Oh, and I host Passion for Paint ever weekend. Would love for you to stop by and link up some of your paintings. Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Janet said...

The pink bottle brush wreath is lovely! I love decorating with vintage sheet music, too! Thanks so much for your always sweet comments!
Blessings,
Janet

Jenn Erickson said...

Roselle, thank you so much for sharing your creative, whimsical, and charming valentine creations at "A Little Birdie Told Me..." I love the way you embellished all the pieces with vintage finery and bric a brac. Absolutely beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails