Friday, January 28, 2011

Cherished Vintage Memories

This beautiful Cherish tag was a gift to me from the kind, talented and generous
Cindy Adkins.  I love it.  I love the meaning behind it and it's very appropriate for today's post.  What do you cherish?  After I received this sweet tag, it got me thinking about the many things I cherish.    Of course, the obvious, my family and dear friends and all the ways I am blessed.    I also cherish the vintage photos and mementos from days gone by.  Many of my loved ones are long gone, but I keep them close to me with photos and some sweet displayed belongings.
This vintage book case belonged to my husband's uncle.  I want to say it is from the 1930's but I'm not sure.  It's hard to get a decent picture of it because it is down our narrow hallway and I can't squeeze in there to get a front shot.  It holds a lot of old photos and keepsakes. 


This is a small vignette on the first shelf.  It's an old photo of my father when he was in the Navy in WWII.  That's his tarnished Sail0r's whistle.  The dog tag belonged to my husband when he was in the Navy.  The photo is a picture of the submarine my husband was on and the vintage lighter has the seal of the Submarine on the front.
This is a tattered picture of my mother.  It's the only baby picture I have of her.  It used to bother me that it was torn but now I appreciate the beauty of that.
An old photo of my father at his Bachelor party dressed in a prison uniform (ha).  It sits on a dog eared, tattered book of Oscar Wilde poems.  This book belonged to my husband's father.
A silhouette photo of my parents on their wedding day. 

Joining up with:


8 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Awww, Roselle, you're so sweet!!! And I love all the pictures--and the bachelor party one is a crack-up!!!
And the wedding picture is amazing...I love it all.
What a gorgeous post--and I'm so glad that the tag got there!
XO

Heidi said...

Very pretty tag!
~Happy Friday! Heidi

Char said...

Beautiful memories and very well said, Char

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

Wow Roselle ... you have some pretty special family keepsakes in your possesion! I love the way you've displayed them all ... so lovingly! You've been blessed with some wonderful memories of family!

Barbara said...

Oh I love your tag. Cindy is just such a special person and friend isn't she? Her work is awesome.

Hugs XX
Barbara

Susan said...

Beautiful mementos of times past and your loved ones. You've displayed them so well, and with care to detail.
Thanks for sharing,
Susan

Janet said...

Those are such wonderful photos and keepsakes! Such a nice way to display them all, too!
Blessings,
Janet

Debra@Common Ground said...

Such wonderful photos, great memories and keepsakes of a special family! Thanks for sharing with VIF!
hugs,
Debra

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails