Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Winter White Wednesday

Sharing some more thrifty holiday decor! Found this silver holder w/dome for 3.00 at Goodwill. I WAS going to paint it white but after I added the balls and displayed it, I changed my mind. I'm thinking after Christmas it will be painted white, though. I want to fill it with sea shells.




These little pedestal holders are all up cycled pieces. Each piece was purchased seperate. I don't think I paid more than 1.00 for any of them. I love the rose pedestal holder. I think it would be adorable holding a faux cupcake. I added a clay rose and leaves to the base too. So sweet holding loose ornaments.

Here's a pretty crystal hanging prism ornament. I found a box of 3 for 5.00 at good old Home Goods. I added the white satin ribbon and paper rose. I am showing it on this vintage reticulated vanity tray that I painted white (of course).

Linking up today with:

Kathleen at Faded Charm White Wednesday

All Things Merry and Brite

Common Ground Vintage Inspiration Friday

~HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL~

Roselle

13 comments:

Brambleberry Cottage said...

Great up-cycles, Roselle. All you thriftin' finds are fabulous.

Don't forget to come by and link up to Time Travel Thursday this week - beginning tonight.

Please be sure to come by and enter my fantastic year-end giveaway. Click the picture in my sidebar for details.

Blessings and a very Merry Christmas!
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Cat & Cricket said...

Beautiful Roselle~
Have a wonderful Holiday!

sissie said...

Hi Roselle,
I love all your pretty vintage finds, you certainly have a good eye for finding pretties.

Thanks for stopping by today. I'm glad that you have a kitty that likes to help Mommie, aren't they sweet.

hugs and Merry Christmas

Sissie

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Thank you for stopping and your kind words. I can't believe you found the dome holder for $3, that was a great find. I used a lot of my up cycled pedestal holders for my ladies Holiday brunch, I love them and you have to make your own because I see very few for sale.
Merry Christmas to you and your family
Carol

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

You are a great finder of things cool. And you have a wonderful imagination. Beautiful!

come visit
cindy@stitches

Susan said...

So pretty and cleverly thrifty!
Merry Xmas!

A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Roselle...loving your pretties today!

I hope you enjoy the holiday weekend and wish you a Merry Christmas!!

House Revivals said...

beautiful! i love that you added the clay embellishment to the one pedestal!
~Amanda

Mari said...

HELLO ROSELLE~
LOVE YOUR THRIFTY GLASS DOME SOOO PRETTY :)
AND SO ARE THOSE GREAT PEDESTAL PLATES :)

HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR :)

XO~MARI

Robin said...

I love them all you have such a creative eye...my fav is the Goodwill dome w/ the cheerful silver balls!
xo
Robin
All Things Heart and Home
Merry Christmas
(Come on back next Wednesday we're gonna keep it going focusing on All Things Inspired!)

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Ohhh Roselle, you found some yummy things!! I love the ornaments in the vase, I agree, it looks beautiful silver :)
I want to thank you so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog post. It meant a lot to me :) Thank you, thank you, thank you :)
I hope you all have a beautiful Christmas and an amazing New Year!
Hugs,
Amy

raggygirlvintage said...

Love the way you upcycled so many wonderful items!
Tracey

beverlyz said...

I love the beautiful creations of the cake plate, etc.
Love Victorian Decor!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails