Friday, November 5, 2010

Upcycled Vintage Votive Holders

Today, I am sharing two votive holders I created by recycling, painting and marrying various vintage pieces. This is a wooden candle holder/sconce. I painted it Heirloom White, added my hand painted pink rosebud and greenery, a clay rose and bonded a pretty tea cup to the base. This cutie can hold a votive, tea light or faux tea light.
This sweet piece is just a small vintage wooden candle holder bonded with a pretty crystal votive holder (both thrift store finds). I painted the wood cottage pink and hand painted a pink rosebud and greenery to the base.

Today I am linking up with:

Show and Tell Friday @

http://www.romantichome.blogspot.com/

Bev's Pink Saturday @

www.howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog

Common Ground's Vintage Inspired Friday @

http://www.commonground-debrasvintagedesigns.blogspot.com/

A Few Of My Favorite Things @

http://www.thehillsarelivin.blogspot.com/

Have a Great Weekend Everyone!

~Roselle

16 comments:

Janet said...

Such a charming idea! Love your hand painted roses, too!
Blessings,
Janet

cottonfieldfarm said...

Dearest Roselle, Thank you for sharing such lovely vintage and cottage items! I can't wait to look around at more! All that pink and roses are just beautiful!
I'm hopping over from the Bloggerette Sisterhood to say hello! Would love a visit back to the farm. Will grab your button if you have one! Thanks again and see you soon!

Char said...

Your painted roses are just beautiful. I think you created some very lovely pieces using the thrift finds. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Trisha said...

What a fantastic idea that turned out absolutely beautiful!

~Trisha

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Roselle,
Your creations are lovely! I especially love the crystal votive with the little rosebud. Happy Pinks!

Blessings,
Sandi

Cat & Cricket said...

I am signing in early to say HAPPY PINK!!
crazy work weekend.... Love your post! Enjoy yourself!
Cat and Cricket
http://gypseanurse.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Another great idea...so pretty! I've featured you, as promised, on my Pink Saturday post for tomorrow. Feel free to add my "I've Been Featured" button to your blog if you'd like. You can find it on the sidebar on my blog...just scroll down about half way or so. Have a great Pink Saturday!

Sarah

Suzanne said...

Oh my gosh, I simply thought I would pay you a return visit and I find the most beautiful blog! I wish I'd seen your beautiful creations sooner. Don't worry...I never copy without credit and don't have time to sell, so I won't be poaching. But I do love to try and make these creations for me once in awhile, you know? However, I don't have HALF of your talent, either:) So beautiful, Roselle!!!!

Dogmom Diva said...

Hi Roselle, what beautiful upcycling of teacups..I wish I had some imagination but I can enjoy in blogland!

Stop by if you get a chance and have a Pinkalicious day!

Barb

Tami said...

Hi Roselle...beautiful fall day at the Jersey shore! I love your pink pieces today..Hope you are having a wonderfully pink day..thank you for the visit..xo Tami

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Just beautiful Roselle!

Happy PS,
Jacalyn

Kathy said...

Happy Pink Saturday!
These are wonderful! I am inspired and awed by your creativity!
Kathy

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Hello Roselle!
Thank you for your visit and nice comments!!
I love your creative candle votive idea! They are especially darling with your sweet handpainted roses!
Happy Pinky Saturday 2U!
Hugs,
Lynn

Rebecca said...

the handpainted roses are just the right touch! Happy PS!

Becky said...

How creative and charming. Happy Pink Saturday!

Gossamer Creations said...

Wow...those are beautiful !!! Great idea.
HPS...late,
Sue

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails