Friday, November 19, 2010

Pink Saturday-Thrift!

Whenever I thrift, I am always on the lookout for sweet tea cups and saucers. I usually up cycle them. The cups are usually alone without their saucer and that is great for candle sconces, tea light and candle holders. The little plates are good for making cute cupcake/cookie stands coupled with candle holders as the stand. Sometimes I get lucky and find a set that is in absolutely great condition and wonder why it's even IN a thrift store. This cute tiny cup and saucer was only $3.00 so it came home with me :)

I love this little ceramic piece. I can't wait to attach it to a white pedestal to use for a little jewelry stand. It's a Royal Crown (which means absolutely nothing to me, I am so not a china expert!). I spent and whopping .50 on it!

This is one of my favorites. I picked this up for $4.00. A little pricey but I wasn't in a "real" thrift store. I bought it for me to put on my vanity to hold rings, etc. I didn't realize til I got it home that it was Limoges (now that name I know :).

Now this....THIS makes me want to SCREAM. This cup is just toooooo pretty. The rim is a very pale pink. It's highlighted with smudged gold and the bottom reads "made in Germany". I ADORE this little cup that came home with me for $1.00. The plate...the plate is Limoges and I had no clue until I got it home. I bought it because it matched the cup so imperfectly perfect. I paid a whopping $1.50 for that Limoges saucer.
Linking up today with:
~Roselle~

15 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Friday, Roselle! You sure got yourself some beauties! I just love the last teacup and saucer; so so pretty! Isn't it fun when you find something so beautiful for a few pennies? Good job hunting!

Blessings,
Sandi

Marie said...

Hi Roselle - Your teacup finds are gorgeous! I posted about my teacup finds too and just like you, I found a limoge demitasse and loving it. Happy weekend...stopping by from Feathered Nest Friday!
-marie

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

OH you lucky duck! what great finds and good buy! I love Limoges. I got few too but your finds are sooo beautiful! love it!

Ginger said...

You scored BIG TIME Roselle!!! I looooooove the last one so much. Have you noticed any dish from Germany or Austria is beautiful and usually rosey? Beautiful post. Have a great weekend.
Ginger

Jillian said...

What thrift store do you have that has these lovely things??? I want to go there! Sweet cup.

Jillian
Bella Rosa Antiques

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: I love your Limoges set. It is so pretty. You scored. I think it is a great idea what you do with the miss matched sets. I am going to remember that. I too would like to wish you God's blessings on this Thanksgiving week. Martha

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Oh your teacups are just delightful!! I love to collect various little plates and teacups when I find the ones that talk to me too! Yours are just darling! Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Such pretty finds! I love the idea of turning the plates into something else!

Happy PS,
Jacalyn

Maggie said...

I'm a sucker for teacups and collect myself- what beautiful finds!

Happy PS!
In Shoes We Trust,
Maggie Mae @
"Do these shoes match this purse?"

Enchanted Rose Studio said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Roselle! Such beautiful china! Great collection!

Thanks for visiting me! I wanted you to know that I have posted a link to my book page wreath tutorial in the side margin under the photo slide show of the book page wreaths! Just click, go, create! ha!

Have a lovely "Pink" weekend!

Cheers!
Tina

Donnie said...

Those pinks are really pretty. So dainty looking. Happy Pink Saturday and also Happy Thanksgiving.

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

Roselle,
Everything is just so pretty!! I can't resist tea cups either!!

Hugs,
Debbie @ A Debbie-Dabble Christmas

Olivia said...

Oh my heavens these are absolutely gorgeous! I adore that last cup you showed off! What fabulous prices too. I scrolled a little further and saw your gorgeous skate...so pretty!
Happy Pink Saturday.
Hugs,
Olivia

Sares said...

I always check out the tea cups at the thrift stores too. I have never found any as beautiful as these! Happy Pink!

Sharon Wengel said...

You had some great finds , all so very pretty !
Thank you for following my blog.
Sharon

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails