Saturday, October 30, 2010

PINK SATURDAY 10/30/10

Happy Pink Saturday!!! Big shout out to Bev over at How Sweet The Sound for taking the time to host this large pink fest every Saturday for us!

My first pic is of this adorable mini pumpkin and mini gourds. I was over at one of my favorite blogs Tales From An OC Cottage (http://www.talesfromanoccottage.blogspot.com/) and she had a post about glittering and blinging these mini sweet pumpkins. I chose pink glitter of course! Then I remembered I had these mini gourds scattered around so I gave them a pink glitter makeover too! I think these are the cutest things ever! Thanks M!!! I had to add a pink paper rose to the pumpkin...everything is sweeter with pink and roses, of course!
This teapot was a garage sale find. It's a bit dented here and there and rusty inside but now it's a beauty. I just gave it a pink makeover It has a raised design on the sides so I didn't paint any roses on this cutie...just added clay and paper roses, ribbons and pearls.

I love this style shaker. The cap style on these are adorable. I collect them. Either paint them up and depending on the size cap, paint rosebuds on them, or leave them silver. This one is a mini one and stands only about 3 inches high. I painted the cap pink, filled it with silver glitter and added paper roses and ribbon. Mini pink heaven!

This mini plate was a thrift store snag. I just love the edging on this and the pattern! It's a tiny thing (the size of a teacup saucer). I was going to up cycle it with a crystal candle holder and make a mini dessert plate. Then, I found this adorable bell shaped cloche at Goodwill and coupled them together instead. So cute holding tiny holiday ornaments or I'm thinking mini teacups. Now I will have to start another collection! LOL

Lastly, I want to share something very beautiful that a blog friend sent me. Cindy Adkins over at Her Whimsical Musings (http://www.herwhimsialmusings.blogspot.com/) entered a contest and created this beauty. I am the lucky beneficiary! She took everything she knew about me and incorporated it into a beautiful gift just for me. My initial, a "create" heart in PINK because she knows I love both, my initial, and little jar of sand because I love the sea. She even has tiny silver rose beads on there (look closely at bottom round beads). I am so blessed to have such a sweet blog friend (one of many) that I have made since blogging!

The very talented Cindy has a beautiful blog and a lovely Etsy shop. Stop by and visit her and tell her Roselle sent you :)

To visit all the other Pink Saturday participants click link above or on my side bar.

~Roselle

13 comments:

Denise@alloverroses said...

Happy Pink Saturday! I love all your pinkie posts. Those are my kind of pumpkins...love em! I'm not a lover of orange. Your tea pot makeover is precious. I have a little shaker just like that that Rebecca from A Gathering Place did. They are so sweet!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Denise

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Roselle! Love your sweet little plate and cloche; adorable! I love your mini salt shaker too and what a great idea to pink it up and fill it with glitter! You are so creative! Have a great weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Janet said...

I just love all of your glittery pink! The shaker is especially sweet filled with glitter! I have one filled with little white buttons.
Blessings,
Janet

tales from an oc cottage said...

Oh my pinkness! Yours are GORGEOUS!!!! I love them! And the way the paint brings out all the details your teapot is to die for! What a treasure!!!!

m ^..^

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

Absolutely beautiful pins here today!! Love your pumpkins and gourdes!! I did something similar too!!

Happy Halloween!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Rebecca said...

Love the mini pink glittered pumpkins-Happy PS

Mari said...

HELLO ROSELLE,

LOVE ALL YOUR BEAUTIFUL PINKS, ESPECIALLY THE GLITTERED PINK PUMPKINS :) CAN'T GO WRONG WITH PINK GLITTERED PUMPKINS :)

XOX~MARI

Char said...

Everything in here is just beautiful. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Roselle,
Aww, that was so sweet of you to include this piece in your post! Happy Pink Saturday! And I love everything else here too....beautiful!!!
XO

Donnie said...

Loved your Pink Saturday post. Everything was so sweet.

Cat & Cricket said...

Roselle..fellow Jersey Shore blogger.. love your post.. and pics.. have a great weekend!
Cricket
http://gypseanurse.blogspot.com

Olivia said...

Oh Roselle, I love that gorgeous pink teapot! I am going to have to try painting the shaker...can you imagine Mr. romantic's face when he sees pink shakers. LOL anyhoo! Love the pinks, I a super fan!
Hugs,
Olivia

Incipient Wings said...

all your pinks are lovely, youre so creative!
Cindy is incredibly talented also...she sure knows how to make a gift!
have a wonderful day:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails