Friday, October 22, 2010

PINK SATURDAY 10/23/2010

I am hooking up for the weekly pink-fest with Bev of How Sweet The Sound (www.howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/).
My first pink pic is an up cycled ornate candle holder (thrift store find). I coupled it with a crystal votive holder, added vintage crystals and a clay rose and leaves. I love the way this turned out. It started out just a forgotten old gold tone candle holder and after a little pink paint and some other touches, I think it came out so sweet!
This is the sweetest little set. It started out a rusty and forgotten salt and pepper set I found at Goodwill. I painted it up pink, added paper roses and ribbons and now it's just a cute little collectible. Love it!

Another up cycled piece I made...this was a metal candle holder and a separate crystal dish. I painted up the holder, added pink ribbon, pearls and a paper rose to the base. The dish has been bonded to the top of the holder. This could be used as a candy dish, ring holder, or holding a slender pillar candle.

My friend Cindy Adkins over at Whimsical Musings (http://www.cindyadkinswhimsicalmusings.blogspot.com/) has created the most charming PINK sew tags for her Etsy shop! You can go to her blog and check out more of her goodies.Happy Pink Saturday All.

Be sure to visit Bev and all the other pink participants!

~Roselle

23 comments:

Trisha said...

I love all the pretty pink! Have a great weekend!

~Trisha

Love of the Sea said...

Happy Pink Saturday! Love the ornate candle holder. That is so pretty.

Olivia said...

Hello sweet Roselle! Your upcycled pinks are simply divine! I am like a kid in a candy shop AMAZED at the talent you and the other bloggers are creating out there! Love it!
Hugs,
Olivia

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Roselle,
Oh my gosh, your post is so pretty--and thank you for featuring my tag! I went in and "hearted" your Etsy shop...it is purely gorgeous!!
XO

Char said...

You did a great job with all the finds. You took something that nobody wanted and made it into a treasure. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Vicki said...

Hi, Roselle. I love your altered items and already a big fan of Cindy's blog and shop. Happy Pink Saturday!

Vicki at Rusty Rooster Vintage

Tina Eudora said...

Roselle you are a busy lady! I just love what you have done with all those fabulous found pieces. Isn't it amazing how wonderful things can look with a little paint and imagination?
Have a fun creative weekend!
Tina xo

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh, Roselle, your pinks are soo pretty! I especially like the salt and peppers and I think I might just take an old pair of mine and pretty them up too. Thanks for sharing and Happy Pinks to you. ~ Blessings

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Don't you just love creating you did a wonderful job Roselle making it SO pretty.

Have a Wonderful Weekend and HPS*

LV said...

You turned your thrift finds into very pretty things. You have a very nice Pink Saturday feature for today.

Atelier de Charo said...

Very pretty pinks!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Cindy Adkins said...

Dear Roselle,
If you get a chance, head over to my Whimsical Musings blog...I want you to see something there!
Also, I am wondering if you would be a Guest
Artist on my I Owe it All to Him Blog the first
week of November...Just let me know if you'd
like to be featured...people visit it from all over
the world.
Love,
Cindy
xo

Incipient Wings said...

Happy Pink Saturday!
wow, I love how you find the beauty in something and draw it out!!!
your finds are incredible,
have a great weekend

Donnie said...

I'm really late but hope to get around to everybody today and tomorrow. I love Pink Saturday. Your vintage creations are lovely.

Ginger said...

Very creative, great job. I love the crystals on the first one. You are so clever my friend.
Ginger

Couture de Papier said...

Beautiful..Thank you for sharing..
HPS

Sarah said...

Wow! How sweet! I especially love the salt and peppers! In fact, each week Beverly challenges us to feature a new-to-us blogger on our PS posts and I'd like to feature you if you don't mind! May I have your permission to post the salt and pepper shakers picture when I introduce your blog?

HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
Sarah

rustandruffles said...

Lovely pinks Roselle..happy day!
xojanis

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love how you have paired the candle sticks with the perfect tops, that is so hard to do! Everything looks so wonderful in pink!

Carol

Mari said...

HELLO ROSELLE,

LOVE ALL YOUR BEAUTIFUL ITEMS, SUPER DUPER SWEET :)

XOX~MARI

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Roselle,
I just stopped over to say "hi!"
XO

debi said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE your beautiful remakes....they're gorgeous!!!! Love all that pretty PINK!

Bella said...

Thanks so much for stopping by to see Brenda's feature! You're right - we do indeed have similar tastes. So lovely to meet another kindred spirit. I LOVE what you did with these. Have a great week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails