Friday, September 3, 2010

Show And Tell Friday

Linking up today with My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday (click link on my sidebar to visit).
Today is my first time joining in this fun party.
I am sharing a beauteous green decanter (with stopper) and four shot glasses. The piece is adorned with gold leafing and some of the gold is raised. I inherited this set from my mother. She had inherited it from her mother. Unfortunately, I know very little about it. I was hoping someone might be able to enlighten me. It has no markings on it. I know it's from Italy. I'm not sure if my Grandmother brought it with her when she emigrated here or if it was a gift from her. She passed away in 1962 so it's been around since before then.
Anyway, I adore this beautiful set. Adore it for it's family history and for it's beauty. Anyone that comes into my home and sees it, comments on it. Thanks for taking a peek at my Show and Tell today and be sure to visit www.romantichome.blogspot.com for all the posts from today!
~Roselle

7 comments:

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

Absolutely stunning, Roselle! Such a wonderful family treasure! Thanks for sharing!

Hugs!
Lori

Diane said...

That is a gorgeous decanter. Thanks for sharing it and so wonderful that it has been passed down in your family.

Mari said...

HI....
WHAT A STUNNING DECANTER SET, YOUR SO LUCKY TO HAVE SUCH A BEAUTY :) AND I MEAN THE FAMILY VALUE THAT IT HAS TOO :)

HUGLETS~XOX~MARI

Drawn to The Sea said...

That's a gorgeous piece. Maybe someone at replacements.com can identify it... not sure if they do more than crystal & china, but can't hurt to try.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Your decanter is beautiful, a great family heirloom-enjoy!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

OMG!! That is just stunning!!

Debbie

Anu@My Dream Canvas said...

This is beautiful!! I m hosting a 50 dollar CSN Giveaway and would love for you to stop by. Thanks Anu!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails