Friday, September 10, 2010

9/11/2010-Remembering on Pink Saturday


We remember....

On this Saturday, I am remembering those who served that day (the brave first responders), those who lost their lives and those who have lost loved ones.

For those of you who follow my blog, you know that I live in New Jersey. Many of my family still live in NY. I clearly remember that morning. It was a morning not unlike today. Sunny, crisp and cool. My 5 year old was playing and my 6th month old was busy napping. I went to turn on Regis and couldn't believe my eyes as we all watched the second plane hit. I remember I called my husband at work and then my father (neither of them knew what was happening at the time).

We know two NYC Firefighters (a relative and one friend) and people that helped in the days after. It is still a sad and sometimes traumatic time to remember. As I was surfing the net to find a pic for this post, I could barely look at the real pics of that day . I skimmed until I found this pic that I have seen many times before. It is a small comfort to me to see and I hope it comforts others.

On this day, remember and GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Pink is for HEARTS and we remember WITH LOVE.

Thanks to Bev at How Sweet The Sound (Link on sidebar) for hosting this Saturday Party.

~Roselle

9 comments:

Annesphamily said...

You posted a wonderful tribute. I am so glad I stopped by. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and thank you again for this post. Blessings Anne

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh, this is such a beautiful, heartfelt post and I know that it had to be so traumatic with living so close to it...I am sure that the memory is so chilling.

You have such a special spirit--it comes through in your art and your posts.
Hugs,
Cindy
xox

Ginger said...

Roselle, I am sure being so close to this horror is hard for you to think about. My heart goes out to all those that were so close to the people and places of the horrible day. We were all so uncertain that day what was going to happen next!! Your post is beautiful and heart felt, just like you.
Hugs
Ginger

Olivia~ said...

Roselle, this beautiful picture literally gave me goose bumps and I teared up. I can't imagine the pain these people and their families went through...I pray for our beautiful country. Your post was amazing thank you for sharing. Even though I don't live close, I too, had a very hard time looking at all of the pictures...
Hugs,
Olivia

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Very sweet post Roselle. It sure was a tragic day but the feeling of an entire country coming together was amazing.

Happy PS,
Jacalyn

Couture de Papier said...

Beautiful post and blog..
Thank you Happy Pink Saturday

Jean said...

Just now getting around to the PS posts. Hope you had a great weekend.

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Roselle,
Thank you so much for your prayers...I appreciate them so much and my husband is improving! I hope all is going great with you and also, thank you so much for voting--I'm so excited...can't wait to see what happens!
Hugs,
Cindy
xox

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Roselle,
You have just become Miss Creative Spirit for September! And you won the creative spirit bracelet that was a winner on The Graphics Fairy...Also, you can now post the Miss Creative Spirit Button on your blog (it's on my sidebar.)

Also, just email me and I will mail that write out to you: cindylou_20@hotmail.com

I just need your address.

Congratulations!!!
Hugs,
Cindy
xox

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails