Monday, August 16, 2010

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Vintage hobnail lamp. Thrift store for $1.00!!

Teacup and saucer...thrift store for $3.00. I will probably use this to make a teacup lamp.

Habitat For Humanity Thrift Store...butter dish (with glass insert!!) for $2.00. I will paint this either white or pink and add hand painted roses. This was a bigger steal because of the glass insert dish. Very hard to find them with the dish included! Habitat threw in the butter knife for free ;)
Pink dessert glasses. Not sure if they are Depression glass or not. I just collect pink glass so I bought them. They were $4.00 each. Probably not a "steal" if not real Depression glass but I rarely come across pink glass other than online anymore. If anyone knows if these ARE in fact, Depression glasses, I'd love to hear from you. No markings and the have seams on the glasses (I read that the more flaws, chances are it IS Depression glass).

Be sure to stop by Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrift Tuesday www.linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com (or click on my sidebar link) and see all the other thrifty goodies being shared!!! Thanks to our hostess Linda!
In Thriftiness
Roselle

4 comments:

homespun1 said...

I love all your treasures!! and those pink glasses...hey don't matter if they are depression...they are worth it cause of the lovely pink hue and they make you feel all happy just looking at them.

foxxy said...

Those are great finds. I have a hobnail lamp just like yours. They are so sweet.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh, what lovely treasures--I love the pink! I collect Depression glass, so I'm crazy about these..
Hugs,
Cindy
xox

Nestled In Rosenberg said...

Oh you have such a super cute blog!!

Teresa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails