Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sharing with you today my latest thrift, consignment, eBay finds. I did really well in the last few weeks. I even found some vintage cookie cutters to use to create altered ornaments for my ETSY Christmas In July sale! Very happy about that. These are getting harder and harder to come by for me.
I was just thrilled to get this little lot of vintage baby shoes on eBay. One pair of sweet shoes is actually already PINK. Can you stand it? I can't!!! I usually paint these with my hand painted roses but I think this time I will use them for altered art. Something different for me for a change.
I did really well with the tarnished silver too. I LOVE this silver vase. It reminds me of a tussie mussie. I was very excited to find the silver candle holder too. It's such an ornate and heavy piece. I am going to paint it white, distress it and add roses and prisms. This is another thing I rarely find in my hunts around town, so I am happy about that too!


I always come across these cute glass trinket holders with silver lids. I collect shells and I display them in these pretty glass containers. This time, I am going to paint the lid white for a change.

This vintage/tarnished piece is another piece that had me jumping for joy. A vintage toast rack. LOVE it. Another treasure I will paint white. I think it would make a cute letter holder. Also great for holding vintage papers or tags.
So, all in all it's been a good few weeks collecting my treasures!
Off to create....
~ Roselle ~

7 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I have really been into ebay lately . I just watch items and then put a note to myself what I will pay, including shipping, some people are so over on shipping, I won't even buy from them!!

Carol

Seaside Rose Creations said...

Shipping is very frustrating for me since I sell and ship myself! The P.O. even has flat rate boxes for free. So I know when I'm being ripped off or not! I get sad when I find something I love and then the shipping is way more than the item!

Roselle

Scrappy Jessi said...

Hey doll
now thats a good thrift day.
hope you are having a fabulous summer.
oxoxo,
jessi

Brenda-shabbycatsandroses said...

Hi Roselle :) Wow, you found some great items! I too love those sweet little shoes, especially the pretty pink ones :) And all your silver pieces too!

Stop over to your Etsy Cottage Style Page....I've requested you to be my friend :) I joined the group just a few days ago...and I've found quite a few ladies from Blogland who are members.

Warmest hugs to you my bloggie friend! Brenda

A Write Life said...

Can't wait to see what you create. Those shoes are too cute.

Ginger said...

Great finds my friend. Love the baby shoes and the toast holder. Who Knew? That would be great to hold tags or a lot of different things. Your daughters are so beautiful!!

Ginger

Barbara Jean said...

Oh I love the baby shoes you got!! I need to keep an eye out for more.
Have classes coming up.

blessings

barbara jean

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails